Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,885   Posts: 1,520,577   Online: 1024

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Anyone interested in this idea of mine?

While we were discussing Ilfochrome yesterday JJphoto suggested that Ilford Ilfoflex might be an alternative way to go. I think I'll give it a go. Expensive experiment to be sure, but what if it is a doable idea? Would anyone be interested in my printing their chromes using this process? Seems to be very rugged and if the colors are even close it might be an option to explore. Just in the mind for now, but plan to order some this week to play with it. What do my fellow APUGers think of the idea of at least giving it a shot? Thanks, Don

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ilfoflex is a negative process.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes it is but he he is proposing (in the Cibachrome thread) reversal processing it as others have done with Endura.

No idea how well that might work.
    Last edited by Roger Cole; 09-15-2013 at 03:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Damn, am I nuts? Now I am looking for more info. This is embarrassing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have done some reversal RA-4 with Fuji RA-4 papers. The biggest problem was that paper texture was brought forth in the process. Now, this shouldn't be a problem with Ilfoflex as it isn't paper -- so no texture to come visible.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have to try normal negatives as well, should be interesting to print some Ektar on it!

Shooter
    35mm
    Wasn't Ilfoflex made by the Swiss Ilford company?? The entity which went bankrupt a few weeks ago and prior to that had no effective distribution system??

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Seems that Ifoflex is positive to positive. This is from a post by another APUGer:

Stephen Frizza

01-18-2013, 04:44 AM

Ilfoflex when processed via RA-4 reversal is the most promising pos to pos process i have tested, So much so that this year I am looking into converting my Ilfochrome processor to an ilfoflex reversal machine. The great advantage over the process compared to Ilfochrome is better contrast control via manipulation of the first developer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He confirms it's intended as neg-pos, just that it works well for RA4 reversal processing.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    this is a RA4 process material. Some may have found ways to play with it but it is intended for negative to C print using normal RA4 chemicals.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Looks like my idea might be still born. Typical of the day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin