Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,545   Posts: 1,572,844   Online: 1017

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Maybe you accidentally put one of the negs in the scanner upside down. The first one's pretty symmetric...

I also note the notch in the film-gate on the top-right of the first one is not present on the second though it could be present/invisible at left. I reckon one of them is scanned backwards and it's a winding-on issue as described above.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Haaa, No. This looks like San Juan Bautista... Both images are "right-reading".

I wonder if the tripod could possibly have been jarred. Again just before winding on but not the winding that created the streak - the jarring of the camera on tripod.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Maybe you accidentally put one of the negs in the scanner upside down. The first one's pretty symmetric...

I also note the notch in the film-gate on the top-right of the first one is not present on the second though it could be present/invisible at left. I reckon one of them is scanned backwards and it's a winding-on issue as described above.
    There were just quickly scanned to show the problem so they could have been in any direction. Also didn't blow off any dust :-)

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    Haaa, No. This looks like San Juan Bautista... Both images are "right-reading".

I wonder if the tripod could possibly have been jarred. Again just before winding on but not the winding that created the streak - the jarring of the camera on tripod.
    Yep, San Juan Bautista

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin