Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,077   Online: 909

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rollei Crossbird ISO200 color slide film?

Has anyone tried this? I see B&H has it in 35mm format for $3 a roll less than Provia 100.
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are several long threads on this film in its other guises, Rollei CR200 and Lomography Xpro 200. There have frequently been complaints that the film has a yellow cast. There had also been a lot of debate about whether this is due to defective or poorly stored film or poor handling. I think the jury is still out but a lot of people have been unhappy with their results.

The film suffers from bad light piping and whether you think it is the film or the handling most people would suggest it was loaded and stored in complete darkness.

It is also significantly grainier than Provia.

If you only shoot a little bit of slide film the $3 difference is probably not worth the hassle. If you shoot a lot then it could be worth getting a few rolls and doing some testing.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For the colour rendition you might also look for Agfachrome RSX II 200. It is the same emulsion from the 90's.

Shooter
    35mm
    The word on this site (and others) is if you want a 200-speed slide film, order the Wittner-Chrome 200D from Wittner-Cinetec. Same emulsion as the CR200, but supposedly without the yellow cast. I've yet to try this film but others have indicated it looks good.

Info about the film: http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/ne...php#20130829-1 (Google Chrome does a decent translation)
    Their order form is here: http://www.beaulieucinema.de/order/order_e.php
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I order from B&H I may get a few rolls and try it out. It may be good for testing cameras and lenses.
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin