Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,329   Online: 782

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I don't have any statistics about international standards. But since my personal standards are quite nitpicky, I did run some TMY400, both sheet and roll, thru TSA carry-on Xrays three times, then measured for any fog whatsoever with my densitometer. None. This was compared to
    a reference standard, without any XRay. Made me feel more comfortable about domestic flights at least.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brian, thank you for giving us the facts.
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Brian, thank you for giving us the facts.
    The problem is that the data is so out of date it's meaningless, things have moved on. You need a reality check.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, then where's the new stuff?
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Earlier today I put up a post with some links to photos that were from film through many scans.
    A message ( first time for me) came back saying the post would be checked by mods, but it seems to have disappeared.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thought I'd dig this up again. I'm currently travelling through Asia and had all my bags scanned through a bigger machine when going through customs in Kota Kinabalu. Are these machines bigger versions of the hand luggage machines, or are they more akin to the checked in machines?

Cheers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Thought I'd dig this up again. I'm currently travelling through Asia and had all my bags scanned through a bigger machine when going through customs in Kota Kinabalu. Are these machines bigger versions of the hand luggage machines, or are they more akin to the checked in machines?
    If the machine was big it is probably what you are calling a "checked in machine". If the equipment said "Invision" on the side, then it is a CT (or two-phase X-ray and CT if they have newer equipment).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Well, then where's the new stuff?
    This is why I generally stopped participating in these kinds of threads. Few will either put up data (or even valid looking information) and most seem to have little clue about the technology or security screening marketplace.

Some data is better than no data... and date alone doesn't determine validity.

If anything, the situation for air travelers has been trending toward less risk of film exposure to xray/CT than more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    If the machine was big it is probably what you are calling a "checked in machine". If the equipment said "Invision" on the side, then it is a CT (or two-phase X-ray and CT if they have newer equipment).
    Its too late now, but do you think I should be concerned?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Its too late now, but do you think I should be concerned?
    Yes, you should be concerned but since it is too late... don't lose any sleep over it. It is impossible to know if CT was applied to your bag, which would most likely affect your film. There have been enough self-reports by folks who put film in checked luggage with no detrimental effect to convice me that the newer two-phase screening equipment is reducing the probability of problems... but only processing the film provides evidence of YOUR film getting CT or no CT exposure. If all your film got was x-ray, there is little to worry about. Since it is too late, though... don't lose any sleep over it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin