Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,460   Online: 1132

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For my Island project: E100VS and FP4 Plus for the Blads and E100G for the Nikons; for around home and elsewhere: Velvia 50, PanF Plus and Delta 100 for the Blads and E100G and E100VS for the Nikons.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We don't get fall colours where I live (other than the yellow leaves on the ginko trees), but that doesn't happen till mid- to late-November anyway. Will maybe head up to Kyoto and shoot colour for a change!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    This year I am going to try Velvia and Provia 100. I might even decide to spend some more money and pick up some Ektar. I'm also going to try my hand at IR film.
    Do try the IR film. I find with the cheap Chinese IR720 filter I have, and Rollei IR400S that EI 25 gives me results I am happy with, and it's hand holdable too on a bright sunny day.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some E100GX and perhaps some Velvia 50 in a 645 Pro TL. Going to head up into the mountains along Highway 2 and visit Index and Skykomish. There's also remnants of the old Highway 2 that disappear into the woods that are worth investigating. Then over the pass and down into Leavenworth for some bratwurst and German potato salad.

Locally, I'm going for a stroll through the Washington Arboretum. Film and camera will depend on the weather.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 4x5 holders will have a sheet of Velvia 50 or Provia 100F on one side, and Ektar on the other!

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all, resurrecting one of the threads I started, hope nobody minds. I got my fall photos from the 35mm Velvia back on Friday, and tossed 'em in the projector this evening. I have to say from looking at the scans, Velvia 50 shot at EI 50 is probably a bit much for my lab's scanner as the blacks tended to gray rather than black. However, when projected, these looked great. I also ended up shooting Portra 400 instead of Ektar 100 in the 620 camera, and those looked pretty good too.

I have to say for fall foliage in an E6 film, both Velvia 50 (from this year) and Provia 100F (from last year) work very well. For Color Negative, I've only done the fall foliage with the Portra 400 because I needed the extra speed for some of the cloudy days we had, but next year will probably go with Ektar (I've shot Ektar before and like it, just hadn't shot it on fall foliage) for the color negative shots.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The shots I made on Provia came out great! The colors are incredible, the skies held beautiful detail int he clouds. The shadows are slightly dark, but all in all excellent stuff from this film!

I haven't had the chance to get my Ektar developed yet. I managed 12 shots, and the suspense on a couple of them is too much.

I got a couple great B$W shots that were pleasing and print nicely, too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin