Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,488   Online: 932

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I dun goofed

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Well, we didn't twist their arms, lol. We're not sure when and if they caught it, but we did get some fairly bad B&W pictures. I'd have to dig them out to refresh my memory, as this was some time ago, but there were some images that survived.
    Maybe they soon realized something was weird and stopped the bleaching earlier...just curiosity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's actually a Kodak Tech Pub about this exact situation:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consu...s/pdf/ae31.pdf

Apparently, you can either remove some of the orange stain by bleaching, or you can re-process them to try and get color images.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Ya Wally!

I'm still yet to know if I dun goofed as well, as my carry on bag went through the big xray machine @ customs in Kota Kinabalo...
    I have actually been through this recently, like last week recently. I just processed the film and it all turned out fine for me. So hopefully you'll not have any problems either. I was dragging around 7 rolls of T100 for me 2 week long vacation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua029 View Post
    I have actually been through this recently, like last week recently. I just processed the film and it all turned out fine for me. So hopefully you'll not have any problems either. I was dragging around 7 rolls of T100 for me 2 week long vacation.
    Cheers for that. I have my fingers crossed! I still have a few locations to go, so I will be asking for hand inspections where I can!

Sorry for the hijack William. At least there is some good info posted. Are you going to try and recover, as per the PDF?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    thanks nickrapak, I'd totally forgotten about that redevelopment PDF! I have plenty of spare E6 bleach from an old kit where the CD went bad, so I'll probably give that a go. Just as well I read your response before cutting the strips up!

The images are just snapshots though - I'm more bummed that I screwed up than about the possible loss of 24 frames.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I recently came back from a trip to Hawai'i and ran fixer through my 6 rolls of C41 first. It was the first time for me too. My mistake: I decided the pics were so important that I used new fixer, then mixed up the clear soup for presoak water.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    The images are just snapshots though - I'm more bummed that I screwed up than about the possible loss of 24 frames.
    I seem to goof everytime I go into the darkroom!

Last night I developed five rolls of B&W and some frames have some strange marks on them - could be contamination on the reels from the E6 processing. Lesson learnt.

And talking about E6. I developed it for the first time on the weekend - first six rolls perfect. Then I went to reuse the chemicals for 120 film, and noticed the heater of my Jobo CPP2 not working. Pressed the thermal overload switch and nothing. So I thought to myself "the water bath should remain fairly stable, shouldn't it?". So I filled the bath with hot water and started the next batch with four 120 films. Then I noticed the temp dropping from 38C to 37C. Needless to say the next 20 minutes were most frantic - adding hot water, draining water from the bath, adding chemicals, draining chemicals, all the while seeing the temperature going from 36C to 41C. Finally pulled out the film and it was dark and milky. I walked away and cursed the machine. The next morning I came back and found the film perfect - the dark frames were there because my remote flash hadn't gone off. So to all people thinking of processing E6 at home - do it, if I can so can you!

Then there was the time I put the drum in the Jobo, walked away and didn't notice it sitting there not rotating...

Shooter
    Multi Format

One of my earliest screwups!

Maybe we need a thread for dumb goofs! Here's just one of mine.

Many years ago I was new to souping my own negs, and noticed that hypo smelled like pickle juice. So I didn't label the developer or the hypo and used my nose to identify the hypo. Identical storage bottles. You can see where this is going! So I grabbed a bottle and measured out my developer and poured it into the daylight tank, banged it, and started to agitate... and notice a faint pickle smell through my head cold. Yep! Good, fresh hypo, too. Cleared that film in seconds!

Ever since I've been careful to label everything. I haven't made that error since, but there are always lots and lots of others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My biggest dumb goof to date (and there will be more, there will always be more) was when I didn't reset my camera settings after playing around with my camera and so I just assumed that my camera was set to ASA400, well you can see where I am going with this, my camera was actually set to ASA3200 (somehow the light meter readings didn't seem weird to me - go figure) and so I under-exposed an entire roll of Kodak Max Versatility (No great loss) by 3 (if my maths is correct) stops. I still have those negatives somewhere, perhaps one of these days I will try doing something with them. This film was also developed in ID-11, though that was actually on purpose to see what happened, not an accident like in the OP.

Well, actually there has been one bigger dumb goof but I still haven't figured out what actually happened there...
    Last edited by septim; 10-03-2013 at 04:13 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling
    Shooting film doesn't make me a hipster, it makes me someone who takes photos...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin