Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,717   Online: 989

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kintatsu View Post
    The thing I love about Provia is that the colors are vivid without being overly saturated. Viewing the resulting transparencies feels quite rewarding when they're exposed right!
    You said a mouthful there. I like the Provia palette too, but sometimes I just want that extra kick that Velvia gives. I've got Velvia 50 in the 35mm and Portra 400 in the 6x6 and hope to get some good fall colors soon.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ektar 100. Set it at ISO 64, and you should be good to go. Very KR64 like in color reproduction in my experience.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just wanted to follow up on this. I've gotten two rolls of Ektar back now, and I'm smitten.
    I'm not sure if I'm going to buy slide film again after this. Ektar is cheaper, scans easily (my V600 can't resolve the grain), the prints are amazingly vibrant, and I don't need a viewer/projector to enjoy the final product. Nicer colour than the Rollei 200 slides I shot in the spring too. Definitely too strong for some things, but thats what I buy porta for. The only downside: blue shadows are pretty pronounced in a lot of my shots.

I'm pleased with this scan, but it looks even better in print. I'll probably get this blown up to 8x12 on metallic paper. For reference, this was shot with an OM40, Zuiko 50mm 1.4 and a 25mm macro tube.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_muzfy0Ultv1rwruaho1_1280.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	75924

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin