Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,381   Online: 776

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format

C41 beginner chemicals

Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    Luke,

If you break the 5L kit down into (1L) sized portions, and then use each "portion" separately, the shelf life can be extended tremendously. Get some BROWN chemical bottles from a chemist(pharmacy), most usually will have them on hand, or can order them for you. Make sure they have vapor-free caps. Fill em up, all the way to the top. If you don't want to fill them up completely, get a can of "canned air", better nitrogen, but anything else than oxygen-laden air as a "topper". Store mixed chemistry in a dark, cool environment and I think you'll be surprised how long you can extend a 5L kit

Yes, the digibase kit has BLIX, not separate bleach & fix baths:

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/660161...or-Kit-5-Liter

I've used Jobo(hand inversion, and rotary), stainless tanks/reels, Paterson(essentially the same as Jobo inversion, plastic reels/tanks), and large stainless "basket" style processing in the past. To me, the easiest and most simple are the stainless tanks/reels, and Jobo rotary processing. Right now I'm using a pro lab, but plan to eventually(when time and living quarters comply) re-start using a Jobo rotary system for my C-41 and E-6 processing, so I regain complete control of my film processing, and no longer have to pay for pushes/pulls , both of which I use regularly on both C-41 and E-6.
    Basically, I'm saying that DIY color processing, now in this day & age, is SOOOOOOOO simple. It, like changing a diaper, just "takes a little getting used to" ! Chemistry is CHEAP(even if you do it single-shot, which I prefer, despite the extra cost).

Another thing (I) would recommend: MIX YOUR CHEMISTRY WITH DISTILLED WATER. This takes out potential for pH and hard/soft water issues, but since it's so cheap I figure why NOT use it and reduce your variables ? (I just use regular (in-line sediment filtered) tap water for washes on C-41).

Best of luck with your foray into color processing. Take your time, have everything measured out before-hand, and again: TAKE YOUR TIME. Have a good watch/timer, and when getting started, have everything CLEARLY labeled so you don't grab fix(speaking from experience here !)

-Dan
    Wrong, Digibase has desperate bleach and fix. Color kit has blix. Just because freestyle chooses to sell blix version, it doesn't mean they don't make the other one. You can still get it from macodirect (where I got mine) including all the individual bottles.

On a quick inspection macodirect doesn't even sell the blix version.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I first searched, the current version sold by Freestyle came up, the blix version. I was not aware that they still made the other version. Since I am in the USA, I reacted from a USA perspective. My apologizes to all of you who live where the governments still functions. ;<)
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    fyi, the digibase stuff freestyle= rollei is getting the chemicals from adifferent source. That's from freestyle in response to my question of getting another replacement part C for their original rollei kit that goes bad.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin