Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,578   Online: 911

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Provia 100F

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    Stone, w/o reading into it we have to assume the op wouldn't be using film that's 15yrs past it's expiration date while expecting flawless results.
    I wasn't aware the update came out 15 years ago, the only chromes I shot were Kodachrome until 2010...

The info I read didn't say when the change happened.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stone, w/o reading into it we have to assume the op wouldn't be using film that's 15yrs past it's expiration date while expecting flawless results.
    You sure?

The Dandelion Cropped ver của Kyon Thinh, trên Flickr
    Provia RDP II 97 with Pentacon Six.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyon Thinh View Post
    You sure?

The Dandelion Cropped ver của Kyon Thinh, trên Flickr
    Provia RDP II 97 with Pentacon Six.
    Beautiful!

You must have a very large deep freezer
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks and no Stone, I don't have freezer. All my films are stored in fridge, since my student budget doesn't allow to buy a freezer.
    The change of Provia to Provia 100F is 1998 or 1999 I think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    kyon, yes I'm sure. you aren't the op who started the thread. I'm currently using rdp and rvp that's older than that and it's perfect. 1999 was the last year for provia 100.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    kyon, yes I'm sure. you aren't the op who started the thread. I'm currently using rdp and rvp that's older than that and it's perfect. 1999 was the last year for provia 100.
    +1

Shooter
    35mm

Multiple Cameras

I don't think that it is the cameras. The film overexposes to the same extent with three different camera - F1n, AE-1, A-1. I am totally convinced that the film emulsion has changed and does not have the same response in bright light situations. Provia users beware of bright lite situations, and decrease exposure by 1/3 - 1/2 stop.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Probably some old or poorly stored film. The ASA of Provia has been identical for all three generations of the product. The "latitude" did change
    a bit with 100F. This is most noticable in the way the current products pulls poorly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mlphotographer View Post
    I don't think that it is the cameras. The film overexposes to the same extent with three different camera - F1n, AE-1, A-1. I am totally convinced that the film emulsion has changed and does not have the same response in bright light situations. Provia users beware of bright lite situations, and decrease exposure by 1/3 - 1/2 stop.
    Post some examples.
    I've been shooting provia for 12+ years with emulsions dating back to the early 90's and I haven't had this issue you speak of. I also use a spot meter.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    For critical work or film testing per se I would never use TTL metering. Just too many variables. Always a properly calibrated spotmeter and a
    high-quality target. And never assume that a camera store gray card is accurate. Few of them are. I always use the MacBeath color checker
    chart, which is very carefully manufactured, and under properly balanced lighting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin