Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,480   Posts: 1,542,695   Online: 861

Thread: Ektar gone bad?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ektar gone bad?

This is something I shot this week-end on a Mamiya 645. It didn't quite come out like I had hoped and all the roll was equally effected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10810706473_49ca0f1c02_c_d.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	323.8 KB 
ID:	76788

There is an air bubble on the fence; disregard.

The film base had a purple hue and the pattern ran through the frames. The chemistry is fresh (3 days old) and the previous films (3 fuji sup x-tra 400) were perfect.

The film was out of the fridge for 12 hrs before I shot it and has been in the fridge since I bought it. I have had 2 rolls from this box of 5 developed without indecent 6 months ago. Exp Jul 2012

Any ideas?
    Get it right in the camera, the first time...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Those purple/green marks look like you have contaminated chemistry somewhere.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Moisture problem, looks like. I notice you're in Canada, and it's mid-November. Something tells me being out of the refrigerator for 12 hours in Canada in November, is there much difference between being inside a refrigerator and outside it?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I posted my answer, the a new screen with Polyglot's answer was there. Looks like a good answer. But no matter what the answer, sounds like some supplies need to be gotten rid of, and new ones bought. Could be a pricey problem to pin down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just put two more rolls through the chemistry. Another roll of 120 Ektar taken at same location and a roll of Fuji sup X400. The fuji came out ok.

Either the ektar is toast or it got wet/moist in storage or on the trip. The paper looks fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess I will have to shoot another roll. That will at least tell me of I have a few boxes to trash or it was something on the trip....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrred View Post
    I guess I will have to shoot another roll. That will at least tell me of I have a few boxes to trash or it was something on the trip....
    As a control what you send one of the rolls out to a lab and have them do it, and then from the same batch you have your own films and compare them if the lab comes out just fine then you know there's a problem with your chemistry.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin