Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,699   Online: 849

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Never mind, just reading the kenrockwell description, sure it's a lame source but available, anyway I guess the next question is am I wrong? Is Velvia100F still being produced or is only Velvia100 being produced? (For the USA I mean).
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    From what I know,

100f is discontinued in all formats globally, but is still available at retail
    50 and 100 received a package redesign this year and are still available in Japan in 4x5 and 8x10
    Only 100 is available in 4x5 in North America (no 50) - check Adorama they have 100
    50 is still available everywhere in 35mm and 120
    5x7 Velvia is discontinued but available at retail in Japan

Hope that helps?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl A View Post
    From what I know,

100f is discontinued in all formats globally, but is still available at retail
    50 and 100 received a package redesign this year and are still available in Japan in 4x5 and 8x10
    Only 100 is available in 4x5 in North America (no 50) - check Adorama they have 100
    50 is still available everywhere in 35mm and 120
    5x7 Velvia is discontinued but available at retail in Japan

Hope that helps?
    Perfect answer, thanks Karl!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Final note about reciprocity, I'm looking at the data sheets for both the 100 and 100 F and they both seem to have the same exact information with regards to reciprocity failure and correction can anyone comment on whether this is somehow in accurate information? I often hear that the two are different but from the data sheet it doesn't seem like they are...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Slightly off topic. But here are two Velvia 50's taken on the same roll at the same exposure. Both processed through a scanner for internet display. So which is the real RVP color?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanklein2000/5270637805/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanklein2000/5270429762/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a shame any way you look at it but velvia 100 (I mean red velvia 100) only had one advantage over rvp, speed. The red shadows and how it renders red subjects like pine park, lead me to use it only when necessary. Correctable in scanning, I but that doesn't make it acceptable. They should have fixed before they ever released it. I only shot one roll of 100f and that was enough, I just didn't like it compared to rvp.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Slightly off topic. But here are two Velvia 50's taken on the same roll at the same exposure. Both processed through a scanner for internet display. So which is the real RVP color?

Alan, both very beautiful images, obviously the one that is more zoomed in is the color I'm thinking. Question, did you use the filter on one and not on the other?

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    It's a shame any way you look at it but velvia 100 (I mean red velvia 100) only had one advantage over rvp, speed. The red shadows and how it renders red subjects like pine park, lead me to use it only when necessary. Correctable in scanning, I but that doesn't make it acceptable. They should have fixed before they ever released it. I only shot one roll of 100f and that was enough, I just didn't like it compared to rvp.
    Well by reading the data sheet, it indicates that there some kind of special color filter in order to prevent a lot of the bad saturation colors, perhaps that's the one for preventing read? They seem to only suggest using it when you're shooting long exposures, but I definitely don't have one of those filters, do you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post

The closer one may be close to what you can get with a CPL, but it still looks a bit more over-saturated, so still I'm saying the wider one is closer to real film...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The reason there's so much of it is because NO ONE is buying it!
    They probably love it in japan.
    I don't have/use any special filters. Long exposures? It's large format, short exposures don't exist outdoors in the conditions appropriate for shooting velvia. haha, tell fuji that. For me, wind is the killer. It's always a waiting game and very often I don't get the shot I want because I don't have iso 100 film on hand.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    The reason there's so much of it is because NO ONE is buying it!
    They probably love it in japan.
    I don't have/use any special filters. Long exposures? It's large format, short exposures don't exist outdoors in the conditions appropriate for shooting velvia. haha, tell fuji that. For me, wind is the killer. It's always a waiting game and very often I don't get the shot I want because I don't have iso 100 film on hand.
    Wind is a killer for everyone..

Well 1 box of Velvia100 in 4x5 ordered... Think it will last a year? Lol

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin