Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,232   Online: 1122

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    I probably referred to it as the "pick of the litter", or words to that effect, years and years ago working solely in 35mm (the hardest format to get right with Velvia). The results printed to Ilfochrome, frankly, looked bloody awful.. RVP 50 is quite easy to print in the hybridised (A->D) process, no problems there and it really does come up beautifully, but like everything else, the end result depends on how well you have exposed the scene. The low-contrast scenes you speak of are the target use of RVP 50. It's not unheard of for any Velvia to be used in weddings and commercial jobbing, though I cringe at the thought of a bride with rosy cheeks coming up ... bolder than roses, so to speak.
    What is the A->D process?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    analog to digihell
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    analog to digihell
    OH, yea I'm not wealthy enough for ILFOCHROME
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Analogue to digital hybridised colourimetric print production.

Beats the shit out of Ilfochrome.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Analogue to digital hybridised colourimetric print production.

Beats the shit out of Ilfochrome.
    In what way?

Shooter
    35mm

I do know that I like the image to appear the way it is on film on the screen, with chrome's I can look at the image and make sure that the scan matches the actual chrome on a lightboard that's in front of me.

….

there's nothing like seeing a 4 x 5 color chrome on the lightbox is just so amazingly powerful!

Exactly!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by biedron1 View Post
    Exactly!!!

Yes, chromes illuminated on a lightbox do grab attention. I've had my fair share of interruptions this week with people looking over my back...

But there's just one thing wrong with the statement: a scan from a chrome is always, always, an approximation, it can never be the same as the chrome you are looking at on the lightbox, in the same way that a darkroom print may not look the same in nuances as the negative — what can you do with a negative? How long is a piece of string? What can you do with a chrome? Same question! That is because film has infinite permutations of colour; the scan is RGB, although the gammut is expanded and contracted during work to the point where it can virtually equal the film colour space — a very vast improvement over 20 years ago when film looked bloody terrible from even high end scanners.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any recommendations for where to send 4x5 slide film to get processed and decent scans?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    Any recommendations for where to send 4x5 slide film to get processed and decent scans?
    Yeah this question two for me ^^^

Although I think I may be getting a processor soon, and so I'll be doing my own processing, and so then I will probably be doing my own scanning, but I do have a backlog of 4 x 5 color transparencies, at least 25 and I need to send them somewhere, I found a few places that do them, but I don't know if ones better than the other, and I was surprised to find out that Dwayne's photo does not to do 4x5's I was disappointed because I would prefer they do it I know they're very good with their chemistry even if they're scanning sucks

Shooter
    127 Format
    But it and Use it or soon you will Lose it.
    - Bill Lynch

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin