Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,510   Online: 777
      
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58
  1. #41
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,934
    Images
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    But it and Use it or soon you will Lose it.
    Huh? Why will I lose it?

    Even if I don't shoot it for five or 10 years, I could still use it and it would still be good because it's frozen, and also I will of course be able to make a batches of chemistry from scratch if I needed to... It's just much easier to send it off to someone to have it processed because four by fives are more difficult, but soon I will have a processor and then it should be easy in theory
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mission Viejo, California
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Posts
    1,419
    If no one buys the current stock they won't order new stock and Fuji will kill it all off due to no demand.

    Then you will be crying, wishing you could at least buy Velvia 100F in 4x5. But no luck. It will be gone. All gone.

    Ilford and Kodak won't be there to help you. You've got basically one game for 4x5 color transparencies.
    - Bill Lynch

  3. #43
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,934
    Images
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    If no one buys the current stock they won't order new stock and Fuji will kill it all off due to no demand.

    Then you will be crying, wishing you could at least buy Velvia 100F in 4x5. But no luck. It will be gone. All gone.

    Ilford and Kodak won't be there to help you. You've got basically one game for 4x5 color transparencies.
    Well Ferrania will be making some soon (supposedly) but it's the Velvia100 I'm after, and I just bought a box now. I was more just annoyed that B&H didn't understand that they were two different films, and that they wouldn't purchase the other type since they had so much stock of the 100 F, which is really stupid. I couldn't explain to them that the two films are very different films even though they have a similar name, the guy just didn't get it.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mission Viejo, California
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Posts
    1,419
    I really, really want Ferrania to succeed.
    - Bill Lynch

  5. #45
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,934
    Images
    222
    Hey guys, bringing up this thread because I need a little assistance.

    I just noticed that Velvia 100 F is no longer available at B&H either, and so I called them to ask.

    It seems the buyer was under the impression that the entire Velvia family was discontinued including the 100, and that he is unable to get it.

    I remember that somebody actually contacted Fuji recently, to ask which films were still available in the US, and the list included Velvia 100 only, so the buyer asked me if I could figure out whom at Fuji said that because he would like to buy some, but is unable to do so because he doesn't know who to contact.

    I've done a search here, and I found a bunch of threads, but I couldn't find the one where the email reply was actually listed. With a name of a Fuji representative.

    Thanks.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  6. #46
    Trail Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Corona CA.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    229
    Images
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Hey guys, bringing up this thread because I need a little assistance.

    I just noticed that Velvia 100 F is no longer available at B&H either, and so I called them to ask.

    It seems the buyer was under the impression that the entire Velvia family was discontinued including the 100, and that he is unable to get it.

    I remember that somebody actually contacted Fuji recently, to ask which films were still available in the US, and the list included Velvia 100 only, so the buyer asked me if I could figure out whom at Fuji said that because he would like to buy some, but is unable to do so because he doesn't know who to contact.

    I've done a search here, and I found a bunch of threads, but I couldn't find the one where the email reply was actually listed. With a name of a Fuji representative.

    Thanks.
    I replied to this the other day but apparently I did something wrong for it not to post. Anyway, I worked with B&H at least 6 months ago on this issue. At the time they only showed Provia and had dropped all Velvia in sheets after the last demise of the 50. This was after me going back and forth with Fuji Japan and Fuji USA on the issue of all Velvia sheets. In communications with Fuji Japan and USA the answers vary. In fact, if you look at Pro films listed on the USA site today they still show 50 being available in 4x5. And of course this was long after the petition & lost effort to keep 50 going here in the USA and other locales such as the UK, etc.

    After a period of time B&H brought back the 100 & 100f. So, it's anyone's guess as to what chromes they are going to keep going in sheet. My take is Provia seems to be they're apparent choice, that being Fuji, not the public. Kind of sad when V-50 was their real claim to fame all these years. Once my 200 sheets of 50 are gone I'll use Provia and lots of warming applications as needed.
    Last edited by Trail Images; 12-13-2013 at 11:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.

  7. #47
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,934
    Images
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Images View Post
    I replied to this the other day but apparently I did something wrong for it not to post. Anyway, I worked with B&H at least 6 months ago on this issue. At the time they only showed Provia and had dropped all Velvia in sheets after the last demise of the 50. This was after me going back and forth with Fuji Japan and Fuji USA on the issue of all Velvia sheets. In communications with Fuji Japan and USA the answers vary. In fact, if you look at Pro films listed on the USA site today they still show 50 being available in 4x5. And of course this was long after the petition & lost effort to keep 50 going here in the USA and other locales such as the UK, etc.

    After a period of time B&H brought back the 100 & 100f. So, it's anyone's guess as to what chromes they are going to keep going in sheet. My take is Provia seems to be they're apparent choice, that being Fuji, not the public. Kind of sad when V-50 was their real claim to fame all these years. Once my 200 sheets of 50 are gone I'll use Provia and lots of warming applications as needed.
    I haven't seen any announcement stating that they are getting rid of Velvia 100 in 4x5 though... Just Velvia100f (a while ago) and Velvia50 recently... But 100 was still supposed to be available.

    It's still available at adorama, I just bought a box, but I wanted to buy it from B&H just because I tend to like their system better and I order from them often so I could order a bunch of stuff at once. I don't have the kind of money to buy a stock in it, just one or two boxes at a time I have enough transparencies to last me the entire year I believe, but then again I don't shoot transparencies very often, only when I'm going to a specific place.

    I know that Provia100f is the most versatile it's the only one that can handle people, but Velvia is just so great for landscapes and skyline images of sunrise and sunset, I hate to lose it when I'm just getting started in LF... I know I can still use it for panoramics with my 6x12 back in 120 (for now running through my Velvia50 stash) but still ...

    Gah! It's so frustrating...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  8. #48
    Trail Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Corona CA.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    229
    Images
    12
    I totally agree, Stone. Frustration is the name of the film situation as we know it these days. We just make do with what is available and hope for the best long term. Hope you can connect on more 100 going forward. Although like you I also buy tons of stuff from B&H for the same reasons you've mentioned, however, they seem much less tuned into LF needs then Badger Graphics.
    Good luck.

  9. #49
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,934
    Images
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Images View Post
    I totally agree, Stone. Frustration is the name of the film situation as we know it these days. We just make do with what is available and hope for the best long term. Hope you can connect on more 100 going forward. Although like you I also buy tons of stuff from B&H for the same reasons you've mentioned, however, they seem much less tuned into LF needs then Badger Graphics.
    Good luck.
    Does badger graphics have an app? And the same pricing as B&H?? That's the main draw for me hah!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  10. #50
    Trail Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Corona CA.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    229
    Images
    12
    Pricing is comparable between B&H and Badger on LF film. Not sure about the app though....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin