Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,876   Online: 955

Shooter
    35mm

Ektachrome 160T - How well does it hold up?

I got a couple of rolls of Ektachrome 160T tungsten film three years ago when I got some Kodachrome 25 during its last days. Both the Kodachrome 25 and Ektachrome 160T were from 1993 and supposedly kept frozen the entire time. The Kodachrome turned out flawless. But I forgot about the Ektachrome until recently, and got the urge to shoot it. I would just shoot it and see how it turns out. But unfortunately, I don't have an 85B filter to shoot it in daylight. So I was just wondering if anyone knows what the chances are this film will still be good. Imwouldn't imagine it holds up as well in a freezer as K25. And if it is KNOWN that the film is probably fogged (or otherwise just gone), I would rather not spend the money on a filter that will probably never get any use.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Apples and oranges maybe, but I got some expired Ektachrome EPR 64. I hope it wasn't frozen, b/c it turned out awful. But, I got it cheap, so not too bothered. I actually had it crossed, w/ a roll of Velvia 50 that I knew to be shifted quite badly, and it came out pretty awful as well, even though I rated it about 1 1/3 stops slower.

EDIT:
    Actually, I took another look at it. I think if I rated it EI 25 it would be fine, depending on the subject. I shot it at EI 25 I think, and if I'm not mistaken, this is what I'm seeing from my -2 to 2 bracketed shots.

-2 and -1 are pretty unusable
    0 and +1: A bit underexposed, but colors are okay. Sky can tend to shift to mangenta, but highlights on objects aren't too bad.
    +2: Shadows are exposed pretty well, but highlights are blown. Sky is a bright magenta.

This stuff expired like 20 years ago, and I seriously doubt it was stored well at all. Keep in mind it was cross processed.
    Last edited by kiss-o-matic; 11-28-2013 at 12:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin