Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,372   Online: 725

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Question, isn't this some kind every packaged other Fujifilm that was then like the cheaper version but basically the same as some other higher film?

I have some weird recollection about that, anyway I would totally buy this if I actually shot C-41, however I almost never do, and I say that not completely seriously I have shot a few C-41 Rolls, I haven't about many of them, but I tend not to like the colors as much as E-6 since most of my color work is landscape work and I like that whole pop unrealistic kind of saturated color.

By the time I'm ready to actually use some C-41 this will sadly be gone, but I don't have extra money to put into films that I "maybe" will use and probably just go bad after 10 years... LOl
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Question, isn't this some kind every packaged other Fujifilm that was then like the cheaper version but basically the same as some other higher film?
    Reala had no "cheaper" versoin, although there were Reala and Superia Reala films.

Shooter
    35mm
    Is superia reala in 35mm the same film as reala in 120. ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, I believe they are not the same as there once was Reala in 135 too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Reala in 120 is my favorite color neg film, colors are amazing and have just enough punch without looking too saturated. I should pick some up from freestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Reala really is wonderful - very easy to scan accurately and to get the colours right on RA4, compared to most Kodak emulsions. Those links are scans from negs - and Stone, if you scan, you can get the whole pop-unrealistic saturated look from a film like this. And from Ektar, which tends to be damn cheap and is crazy-fine-grained, you can get about as much saturation as velvia.

Reala 135 is discontinued, 120 it's hard to tell. Doesn't seem to be actively imported by Fuji USA but there's lots in the market including very fresh stuff.

Reala is the cheap film; Fuji's Pro* lines (160NS, 160C, 400H, etc) are the, well, pro versions. Reala has wonderful skin tones and colour accuracy but much more grain compared to 160NS or Portra160. It's about as grainy as Portra 400 despite being 2 stops slower.

You can over-expose Portra and 400H by 3 to 5 stops and it just goes pastel. Reala can go magenta if you do that; while it renders greens wonderfully (it is a Fuji emulsion, of course it likes green!) for a correct or slight over exposure, the green channel seems to shoulder off earlier than the others. So be at least a little careful with exposure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin