Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,752   Online: 992
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,785
    Images
    36

    I scored some REALA today!!

    I went to the film store to restock my supply and to my surprise they had quite a lot of Reala there (120 size)! The expiry date on this film is May of 2015! Was there one last run of Reala?

    It was very expensive @ $7 a roll but I bought it anyway, a 5 roll box.

    I also scored a box of Provia 400X. Time to shoot while these last.

  2. #2
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,028
    Images
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    I went to the film store to restock my supply and to my surprise they had quite a lot of Reala there (120 size)! The expiry date on this film is May of 2015! Was there one last run of Reala?

    It was very expensive @ $7 a roll but I bought it anyway, a 5 roll box.

    I also scored a box of Provia 400X. Time to shoot while these last.
    You know you can get it fresh from freestyle right, at $5.40 a roll?,,,


    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/153415...size-5-pack-CS
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,785
    Images
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    You know you can get it fresh from freestyle right, at $5.40 a roll?,,,


    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/153415...size-5-pack-CS
    No I did not know that. Fascinating. Is Reala alive??

  4. #4
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,028
    Images
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    No I did not know that. Fascinating. Is Reala alive??
    Fairly certain it is totally discontinued however there still stock left. I'm not really that knowledgeable, because I don't use that particular Fujifilm, I'm more of a Velvia50 kind of guy
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  5. #5
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,028
    Images
    223
    Oh but 400X is definitely discontinued, which is very sad...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,785
    Images
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Fairly certain it is totally discontinued however there still stock left. I'm not really that knowledgeable, because I don't use that particular Fujifilm, I'm more of a Velvia50 kind of guy
    But an expiry date of 5/2015 is pretty recent, isnt it?

  7. #7
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,028
    Images
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    But an expiry date of 5/2015 is pretty recent, isnt it?
    Yes it's probably from the last batch before they discontinued it, or it somehow imported from Japan, it's certainly not available in the US any longer as far as I can recall, again I'm not the expert, and I mostly these days work with sheet film and a lot of those have been discontinued well still roll film is more readily available, again from what I can remember, this has been discontinued at least in America.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ajman - U.A.E.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    944
    I love this film and it is my favorite negative color, i hope they keep selling it online, i bought few rolls and 1 pack, i may think to buy more packs before it is truly gone.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,785
    Images
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    I love this film and it is my favorite negative color, i hope they keep selling it online, i bought few rolls and 1 pack, i may think to buy more packs before it is truly gone.
    I know, the color of Reala is simply sublime. Such an incredible film, such a terrible loss.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,034
    I have so much of it frozen I think I'm good forever. Even so, the reminder that it *is* almost gone made be buy ten more rolls from Freestyle today. Paranoid? Not I!
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin