Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,639   Online: 894

Shooter
    35mm

Lomography 100 Color Negative Film?

Has anyone tried Lomography 100? B&H carries it in a 3x36pk for $7.90.

My favorite budget color negative film is gone - Fujicolor 100. Up until a year ago, I could buy it at Walmart in the 4x24 pk. Now they just carry 200, 400, and 800.

Maybe I should just shoot Kodak Ektar 100, or is there something else out there?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Portra 160 is nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In my limited experience, the Lomo 100 is an older Kodak emulsion (based on the markings). It's OK, but definitely produces an older, grainier look than modern films.

I've settled on Ektar in MF and Portra 160 in 35mm for the moment - the former is a bit touchier about exposure, but both are capable of excellent results.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have used the Lomo Color 100 film. Probably the bargain film of the moment. The price you note is the going price I have seen everywhere. There is disagreement on this point but I feel it is Gold 100 by another name. I don't believe Gold 100 is sold under the Kodak name any longer. I have not seen it in years, anyway.

As far as I am concerned it compares very well to the Fujicolor 100 at you used to get at Walmart.

Keep buying that Walmart film, though. Other than way over-priced CVS, Walmart is the only place I have seen film "on-the-hoof" in years. They keep trying to get rid of it but I have noticed that they keep selling (and processing) a pretty consistent amount. Small but consistent. Every month I buy at least one 4 pack of the 200 just on principle. Besides, I think CVS around here may have given up on film. A few weeks ago they had a sale price (still obscene) on BWCN400. I went and bought the remaining rolls only because my wife had a pile of CVS coupons. There was almost no other film in stock.

Funny to note that in my local Walmart the digicam department is in complete disarray and getting smaller and smaller. They keep trying to shrink the film display further (it is already tiny) but it keeps coming back to the size it was.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    35mm
    It has a very neutral color palette, low contrast and a little on the grainy side for a 100 speed film but sharp. Also, at $7.90 for a 3 pack of 36 exposure rolls, I think it is my new cheap film for general shooting.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin