Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,058   Online: 867

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My first RA-4

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I have said before, that blix is in my EK notebook as Blix 1066 denoting the month and year that it was first formulated. I transmitted that formula to Kodak Park at that time. It has changed little since then. I wish I had one penny for every gallon of concentrate that Kodak sold. If so, I could afford to make house calls to teach RA4 processing!

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Maybe you've commented on this elsewhere PE, but what is your thinking on 2 bath vs 4 bath?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure I know what you mean Wayne.

Develop, Blix, wash! 2 bath. Develop, Stop, Blix, wash, 4 bath. (including washes.

Then there is Develop, Stop, wash, Blix, wash and the possible Develop, Blix, wash, Stab which is used in any of the other combinations as well.

I don't recommend a Bleach then Fix with paper. I do recommend it with film.

PE

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try them all Wayne, and just use what seems to work best for you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    While the blix may not smell too bad, you can become quite sensitised to the possum piss* and end up with breathing difficulties and/or contact dermatitis. Reducing exposure via use of drums is (IMHO) the best option.

* excellent description. It's full of amines of some sort.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use a Jobo for my RA4 (For some reason my Durst Printo is giving me staining). What times do you use for doing room temp? I use Kodak RT kits.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

PE
    That's what I was wondering. I haven't looked at all the options out there but I presume one of them has separate bleach and fix steps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I'm not sure I know what you mean Wayne.

Develop, Blix, wash! 2 bath. Develop, Stop, Blix, wash, 4 bath. (including washes.

Then there is Develop, Stop, wash, Blix, wash and the possible Develop, Blix, wash, Stab which is used in any of the other combinations as well.

PE
    You forgot one:
    Fix, Stop, Develop, Swear.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin DeWolfe View Post
    I use a Jobo for my RA4 (For some reason my Durst Printo is giving me staining). What times do you use for doing room temp? I use Kodak RT kits.
    Yeah, I was wondering if we could get a time/temperature chart or list that goes to lower temperatures (like down to 68 that PE mentions) than the Kodak publication.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With RA-RT developer replenisher and no starter, I use 2' at 68 and 1' at 100. Draw a line through these. I use tray at 68 and drum at 100. For large prints at 68, I use a drum sometimes.

My color varies by no more than 10M or R depending on the phase of the moon.

PE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin