Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,121   Online: 932

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Geez guys, you are lucky you got anything. The E6 family of films are Br/I emulsions in the range of 1 - 5 microns whereas the ECP emulsions are 0.2 micron Cl/Br grains. The developers are designed accordingly. The E6 process can over develop the ECP family of products if you are not careful.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    I've shot both camera negatives and slides with it.

The slides looked pretty reasonable at the time, but I need to get my hands on the can again (2000ft can) I cant remember where I left it. Mine was Vision Print not Premier. Mine also has remjet to deal with.

For the slides, I think I recall using E-6 first developer at 30 degrees and diluted 1:1.
    Did they used to put RemJet on print film? The current stuff seems to not have it:

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...ab_h12383t.pdf

Duncan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    So because it has a clear base you were able to shoot it and x-process in E6?
    Yes, I gotta find where I put that strip, and also the can of film so I can do it again. I got better results as a camera film then I did contacting printing 5201 50D to it and running SD-50 (mixed from raw components, and yes I did use CD-2). I dont know why, must be my exposure. I couldn't quite get it right to look decent.

It's designed for projectable positive images. It's very close to clear, it has a slight bias iirc.

It's also designed for printing from negatives with the orange integral mask, through tungsten light.

Developer is on page 9-20
    http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...2409_ecp2e.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Geez guys, you are lucky you got anything. The E6 family of films are Br/I emulsions in the range of 1 - 5 microns whereas the ECP emulsions are 0.2 micron Cl/Br grains. The developers are designed accordingly. The E6 process can over develop the ECP family of products if you are not careful.

PE
    It's why I chose to dilute the developer, to lower the solvent action that would be faster, as well as the developing agents to reduce development rate, as well as process at a lower than normal temp (by 8 degrees C). I would have adjusted from there, but it seemed like a good starting point.

The other reason I chose to dilute, is also again to lower the solvent action, as I read somewhere in E-6 first developer formulations, that less thiocyanate results in increased yellow in the slide.

It's always fun to experiment and see what I you can use something for before you miss the chance to ever try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan, your graph is lacing in the blue layer. Something is wrong with it.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My apologies. The yellow is almost invisible in both graphs, but it is there. That appears to be the typical spectrogram of a print film or color paper in which the blue is the fast layer and the red is the "speed" layer or slowest. This is why you generally start with a 50R filter pack.

PE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin