Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,771   Posts: 1,516,530   Online: 819

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used a few rolls of it and I like it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it was a special run in japan only, for two years i think, for the cherry blossom festivals if i remember correctly. fun film to shoot. nice results with light white skinned people unlike velvia for some reason. still have a few rolls left. sold a pro pack on the bay for an obscene amount of money. thinking of selling the other 4 rolls i have, but something tells me to hold on and shoot it myself.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The emphasis in colour reproduction is put on saturated primaries.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by destroya View Post
    thinking of selling the other 4 rolls i have, but something tells me to hold on and shoot it myself.
    I am definitely going to shoot the rolls I have!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you look at the OP's photo, there was Fortia and Fortia SP. I believe SP was even more saturated than regular-strength Fortia (and/or especially for cherry blossoms) but I'm not 100% sure. When I lived in Japan it only showed up in stores around early March, which was right before cherry blossom season. The last time I saw and bought some was in 2008, after which it vanished. Kind of sad to see how expensive it is now, when I remember plenty of it on the shelves back then, for not that much.

The attached photo was shot with an uncoated Cooke Triplet this summer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10164577194_0bc98debf7.jpg  
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Funny this was brought up.. processed a roll of Fuji Fortia SP for someone a few days ago.. it must have been stored perfectly, as it was like new. Looked fairly normal (no funky tones or colour casts) just with really intense colour on a light table.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found this film while walking through the history of Fujifilm exhibit at their corporate headquarters. I never heard of it and was wondering, has anyone ever shot with this film?

So it's an exhibit in the history of film at Fujifilm and not something presently available? Was it available only in Japan or for a narrow Asian market and nowhere else? Personally I have never heard of Fortia transparency, but the colours appear pleasing enough to want to take it for a spin. I am heading to Japan in February (Osaka) and will likely seek out Fujifilm's corporate HQ for a look.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    So it's an exhibit in the history of film at Fujifilm and not something presently available? Was it available only in Japan or for a narrow Asian market and nowhere else? Personally I have never heard of Fortia transparency, but the colours appear pleasing enough to want to take it for a spin. I am heading to Japan in February (Osaka) and will likely seek out Fujifilm's corporate HQ for a look.
    Yes, as I wrote above, I was in an exhibit at Fujifilm's corporate headquarters (Roppongi area of Tokyo). You will find no film for sale there. Just empty boxes under glass. Plus about 400 cameras on display, mostly Fujifilm cameras, but some from the very beginning of photography. I enjoyed the visit there. I got to handle a Fujifilm GF670W rangefinder and that convinced me to drop 2 big ones and buy one at Yobodashi.

You wont find Fortia film for sale in any stores. It is long gone. No Reala either .

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    If you look at the OP's photo, there was Fortia and Fortia SP. I believe SP was even more saturated than regular-strength Fortia (and/or especially for cherry blossoms) but I'm not 100% sure.
    The attached photo was shot with an uncoated Cooke Triplet this summer.
    Is your example from Fortia or Fortia SP?

My examples were from Fortia SP that I asked a colleague of mine to pick up for me while she was in Japan.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    To avoid confusion:
    This film is no longer available since 2008.
    I refered to Fortia SP (in case it is different from Fortia).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin