Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,435   Online: 802

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    What I wonder is if the strange looking capsule the Russians had was equipped with a heat shield, or was it just such a "cannon-ball" of so much iron that it couldn't burn up, just on account of the mass and thickness of it. Stange-looking capsule, for sure. And if it entered window-side-down, that would have been all she wrote.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The complete shere was covered with asbestos shielding. I'm not sure how they managed the issue of the windows.
    The sphere seems to be orientated by its center of gravity.
    Last edited by AgX; 12-21-2013 at 04:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Asbestos? I wonder if Russia today has as many asbestos lawyers advertising on TV as we have.

Shooter
    35mm
    That's great, thanks for sharing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltw View Post
    Hasselblads were purely mechanical gems, no light meters, no electronically timed shutters, back then. No worry about dead batteries.
    Uh, the 500EL is electric

Hasselblad printed a little booklet for one of the anniversaries and that was the cover shot

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin