Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,322   Posts: 1,536,912   Online: 1096

View Poll Results: How many rolls would you shoot?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • <5 rolls/year

34 59.65%
  • 6-20rolls/year

15 26.32%
  • 21-50 rolls/year

4 7.02%
  • 51-100 rolls/year

3 5.26%
  • 100-250 rolls/year

1 1.75%
  • 250-500 rolls/year

0 0%
  • 500+ rolls/year

0 0%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Yeah, I don't understand why there isn't a 0 option, your poll's all seem to be skewed toward your preferences which would be higher amounts, whether film prices or rolls, this poll makes it look like most people would shoot a few, when in reality many would shoot none...

Also you have to realize the number of rolls people might shoot are directly proportionate to the cost of the rolls, so this couldn't really be answered unless you gave a price point and no one could predict the price point of Kodachrome which is probably ridiculous.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    None as I shoot primarily black and white, and if I do shoot any slide film I enjoy processing it myself

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, I'll play along again. Prior to its discontinuation - and my forced switch to E100G/VS, in 35mm - I was shooting somewhere between 60 -75 rolls/year. If the film was "resurrected," I would expect to shoot at least the same amount; however, given that I moved home to the Left Coast a couple of years ago, I would most likely be shooting more...much, much more (moving back to Vancouver has given a new lease on life and lit my creative fires...the camera is now a constant companion and I am out shooting constantly, mostly colour but also a lot of black and white as well...)
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    OK, I'll play along again. Prior to its discontinuation - and my forced switch to E100G/VS, in 35mm - I was shooting somewhere between 60 -75 rolls/year. If the film was "resurrected," I would expect to shoot at least the same amount; however, given that I moved home to the Left Coast a couple of years ago, I would most likely be shooting more...much, much more (moving back to Vancouver has given a new lease on life and lit my creative fires...the camera is now a constant companion and I am out shooting constantly, mostly colour but also a lot of black and white as well...)
    E100G is gone too, so is VS, how many rolls of currently available film do you shoot?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    None, I gave up Kodachrome about 25 years ago, I prefer Fuji chrome.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Zero is included in less than five.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Zero is included in less than five.
    That's deceiving, SOME is a lot different than NONE. You know this...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    StoneNYC:

In 35mm: My current colour consumption (125 - 175 rolls/year is my "guesstimate") is slightly skewed because I am in the midst of a project documenting life on Vancouver Island, a labour that will likely take another 1 -1 1/2 years to complete. Once the Ektachrome is done, I expect to be switching to Provia/Velvia, shooting, I would guess, something in the neighbourhood of 75 - 100 rolls /year. In terms of black and white, I typically shoot around of 100 -125 rolls/year of Tri-X/HP5 Plus (I use them interchangeably) along with a brick or so a year of Delta 3200.

In 2 1/4: Colour work - 50 rolls/year? - is done on Velvia 50; black and white (the majority of my medium format work) is either PanF Plus or FP4 Plus, depending upon the season. Typically, I order in 100 roll (60/40 - PanF Plus - FP4 Plus) lots from B&H or Adorama at least once every 8 months or so.

A lot of film for someone who no longer shoots professionally? Perhaps. But, a) I live on the Left Coast ( read: spectacular scenery, in the city and surrounding areas); b) I love to travel; c) I love to shoot photographs; and d) I do not, nor have I ever, owned a television set (read: I do not live a sedentary lifestyle).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    That's deceiving, SOME is a lot different than NONE. You know this...
    No, considering what we are talking about five is as worthless a "commitment" as is zero.

...and recall your 3rd grade arithmetic, sonny.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At $100 a roll, I would budget for 10 a year, $50 a roll, 20, etc. basically an annual budget of $1,000 unless a special project dictated a need for more. I hardly shoot color anymore but do have some 4x5 Velvia that I intend on getting some Ilfochromes made from in the next year...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin