Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,488   Posts: 1,571,326   Online: 835

View Poll Results: How many rolls would you shoot?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • <5 rolls/year

34 59.65%
  • 6-20rolls/year

15 26.32%
  • 21-50 rolls/year

4 7.02%
  • 51-100 rolls/year

3 5.26%
  • 100-250 rolls/year

1 1.75%
  • 250-500 rolls/year

0 0%
  • 500+ rolls/year

0 0%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Maybe we need a forum for color things things that might be possible someday, sort of an optimist's version of Doom and Gloom. While I don't want to stifle people who want to discuss this sort of thing it had been dominating the color film,paper and chemistry forum and the process is currently not possible and not even likely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    While I don't want to stifle people who want to discuss this sort of thing it had been dominating the color film,paper and chemistry forum and the process is currently not possible and not even likely.
    It's not a zero-sum game. It only dominates if one can't discipline oneself not to look. And it's not someone else's fault when one can't.

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 01-01-2014 at 07:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ken, here is what you said above:

"Thanks for this, PE. Very interesting. According to that earlier unconfirmed report, EK may actually be trying something like this at some level? Not necessarily for Kodachome, but for all of their film lines. And if they are or were, you may still have the contacts to know about it, right?"

I answered, as best I could.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Apologies, Ron. I fixed my post above. I wasn't referring to you. I do appreciate the depth of your response.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ken, the only place I know of someone or something not being completely dead, just almost dead was in the "Princess Bride" as Billy Crystal described the "dead prince".

Kodachrome is beyond that, and nothing will bring it back in our lifetimes.

Kodak is struggling for survival and is not about to play around with beating this dead horse. I've merely tried to show why, as best I could.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Ken, the only place I know of someone or something not being completely dead, just almost dead was in the "Princess Bride" as Billy Crystal described the "dead prince".

Kodachrome is beyond that, and nothing will bring it back in our lifetimes.

Kodak is struggling for survival and is not about to play around with beating this dead horse. I've merely tried to show why, as best I could.

PE
    So it's "all dead"

Where's my loose change!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What am I, a plumber or a photo engineer? Its dead Stone.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    What am I, a plumber or a photo engineer? Its dead Stone.
    Depends, do you build your own darkrooms? I think you might be both

Good so I can sell my 100 rolls of Kodachrome and buy... Some Velvia50 in 4x5 from japan

The only Kodachrome I would truly support is 4x5 sheet film production, now THAT would be something!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Following the Princess Bride analogy... dare I say E6 is "mostly" dead? (Dons flame-resistant suit.)

Oh, and don't forget that one Star Trek episode where Bones apparently IS a brick-layer (I think it was The Devil in the Dark).
    Truzi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I must admit, I was sad the day Kodachrome died. There really was nothing like it.....especially the red. I'd like to answer that I would use it but that would probably be a lie.
    Since I think we are all trying to do our part to keep traditional photography alive I would have to save my wishes for more obtainable things like:

1) Less complicated (yet as significant a media in my mind): Tec-Pan

2) Would be ez to produce but small market: Tmax 3200 or Delta 3200 in 8x10 sheets

Still there is so much to be grateful for!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin