Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,723   Online: 873

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    thanks for reminding me why people call film photographers elitist snobs ..
    This is just childish. I mean, seriously, I had to set up an account to get on SPOTIFY. Am I supposed to cry like a baby because they asked for my contact info so I could use their (free) service? Wah! It's a conspiracy perpetrated by The Man to keep Homie down.

What in the world that I said can be construed as elitist? The fact that some labs prefer to work ONLY with professional photographers? Wow. Besides that, 95% of my work is digital these days, so what is your point?
    Last edited by Sean; 01-13-2014 at 05:00 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: toning it down a little
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Last edited by jnanian; 01-12-2014 at 08:09 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: not worth wasting my time responding to an idiot

Shooter
    35mm
    Millers has the right to set their prices and business structure any way they choose - and you have the right not to do business with them if you choose.

Enough said!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    Millers has the right to set their prices and business structure any way they choose - and you have the right not to do business with them if you choose.

Enough said!
    did i ever say they didn't have a right to do whatever they want?
    i said i don't agree with a policy of elitism which promotes snobs
    and people who lie about who they are so they can obtain a price list.

are you going to call me names too professor pixel ?

john
    Last edited by jnanian; 01-12-2014 at 08:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    ... are you going to call me names too professor pixel ?
    As in the case of Miller's pricing policies, everyone here will make their own decision.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like millers. They are a good company and easy to deal with. When I told them i shot film they sent me a ton of mailers and a stack of pre filled developing/processing forms with my info and id number/barcode already on them. They have excellent prices, I think one of their selling points is that they haven't changed film processing prices in years (decade+) or so. I only wish they did slide films as they only offer c41 processing. They don't do black and white anymore but that's not a big deal if you do your own. Shipping to them is prepaid and you only pay for return shipping. Its a fast turn around and you can opt for rush too. All my color neg films go to them and I've always had good results.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I, too, find it weird that they don't post their prices, but I understand if they had "wholesale" prices for businesses with tax IDs, etc and different prices for the public.

When I signed up, they approved me without a url to my website, or any proof. I just have to send them some photos and I'm in the club.

Hey, I don't care to run through these hoops if I get a good product at a good price, it was just a little different than what is required now a days.
    Last edited by mweintraub; 01-13-2014 at 11:25 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: gramma'

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They sure got a lot of free publicity.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    They sure got a lot of free publicity.
    Yeah, I'm interested in trying them out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would like to apologize to Jnanian (and APUG) for losing my temper earlier in the thread. I have no interest in doing battle with people on the internet and normally let things roll off my back, taking nothing personally. Honestly, I felt kind of attacked by the "elitist snob" and "liars" comments and perhaps misunderstood their intention or direction. Either way, I popped off and was uncharitable to say the least.

The point lost in all of this, of course, is that there is still a terrific lab offering C-41 processing with overnight shipping. It's a great deal, and a great service for film shooters. Getting an account isn't complicated at all.

Sincerely,

Parker
    Last edited by ParkerSmithPhoto; 01-14-2014 at 05:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin