Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,496   Online: 982

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do they do E-6 chromes for 120 roll film (Velvia 50)? Price? I'm not a pro or an elitist film snob and I'm always looking for a good deal.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Do they do E-6 chromes for 120 roll film (Velvia 50)? Price? I'm not a pro or an elitist film snob and I'm always looking for a good deal.
    No E6, unfortunately. Price for 120 C41 to process, print 5x5 proofs and a low res CD is $11 a roll. This includes shipping both to and from the lab.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerSmithPhoto View Post
    No E6, unfortunately. Price for 120 C41 to process, print 5x5 proofs and a low res CD is $11 a roll. This includes shipping both to and from the lab.
    If that's the cost for everything, then It might be the best deal out there. Wonder why they don't advertise those awesome prices more. Maybe they lose money on that package and don't want to just provide that service without additional hopes for printing from the pros.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mweintraub View Post
    If that's the cost for everything, then It might be the best deal out there. Wonder why they don't advertise those awesome prices more. Maybe they lose money on that package and don't want to just provide that service without additional hopes for printing from the pros.
    I made a mistake, it's actually less than that.

(10) 4x5 proofs from 120 Film is $8.01
    (12) 5x5 proofs from 120 Film is $8.93
    (15) 4x5 proofs from 120 Film is $9.96

Those prices include processing, CD and shipping(!).

The other important issue with setting up an account (which I forgot to mention) is that you need to have a credit card on file so they can bill you before they ship.
    Atlanta, GA

Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mweintraub View Post
    its because that is their "policy" ..

huh, you mean you aren't a professional and they gave you their prices ?
    i guess their policy doesn't really work very well ... ( see my previous post )

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I tried their process and scan service. Their low res scan were very low quality - unusable for anything except web. I cant imagine that their high res scans were much more useful?

In regards to film processing, I guess you could use them for high volume film processing. But for fine art photgraphy or high quality portraiture - if they don't offer contact sheets or optical printing or professional quality high res scans - which they do not seem to - I don't see any reason to use them. One exception: If you shoot 6x6 MF because their 5x5 proof prints are actually large enough to be of practical value.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Noble View Post
    Their low res scan were very low quality - unusable for anything except web. I cant imagine that their high res scans were much more useful?
    Ahh... 'low res scans' ... 'unusable for anything except web'. They are LOW RES and that (and image thumbnails) is about all they are designed for.

"I cant imagine that their high res scans were much more useful?" That doesn't follow at all. You get what you pay for.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes you get what you pay for. Millers does have good prices on film processing.
    Last edited by Andre Noble; 01-16-2014 at 03:02 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: "Upon Further Review"
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Processing + Proof Prints + throwaway CD = < $10. I'm sold. I scan at home, so having the proof prints would be awesome.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    John,

You're a bit of a flame thrower, aren't you? Calling people "liars, jerks, idiots and a$$h*le$" via PM and then getting out of sorts when they return fire?

I apologized for losing my temper primarily because I don't like to play those games. Someone gracious might have just accepted that apology and then had cause to reflect on their role in the situation instead of lashing out via PM. But you... just seem very, very angry about something. I don't understand it, and won't waste my time trying.

Thanks for everyone who offered their opinions. I just received my first shipment of film back from Millers and I am very pleased with everything. But, as a long time customer, that was pretty much what I expected.

P
    Atlanta, GA

Portrait Photography

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin