Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,955   Online: 1139

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Miller's Color Film Processing

In a world of shrinking options for film processing, Miller's Lab out of Pittsburg still processes color negative film in 35mm, 120 and 4x5. They also offer printing and scanning from these negatives.

I have worked with Miller's for years and they are the best in the biz, with excellent customer service. Give them a call.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I just signed up,talked to the person who answered the 800 number,, VERY reasonable cost for developing 120 color neg film!! WIll give them a try and see what kind of work they do....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hope I get approved to join the "club".

Have to sign up in order to view prices? Strange.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Miller's is a professional lab that caters to portrait and wedding photographers. Protecting their pricing is a service to the pros, as is their requirement that you sign up. As I said, they are top notch and very focused on quality and customer service. Atlanta no longer has any C41 labs so I was delighted to discover that one of my favorite suppliers still handled it.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerSmithPhoto View Post
    Miller's is a professional lab that caters to portrait and wedding photographers. Protecting their pricing is a service to the pros, as is their requirement that you sign up. As I said, they are top notch and very focused on quality and customer service. Atlanta no longer has any C41 labs so I was delighted to discover that one of my favorite suppliers still handled it.
    Fair enough, but they did let me in with minimum proof. I'm still starting out, so I don't have a big online presence. I'll definitely try them out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerSmithPhoto View Post
    Protecting their pricing? How? At first I thought to make it more difficult for their competitors but that cannot be, you state there are none in Atlanta. I guess it does not matter anyway. Just wonder about the logic.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Protecting their pricing? How? At first I thought to make it more difficult for their competitors but that cannot be, you state there are none in Atlanta. I guess it does not matter anyway. Just wonder about the logic.
    Perhaps by not allowing end-customers to see how much the photographer actually paid for the printing of an image, vs the marked-up price.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SWphoto View Post
    Perhaps by not allowing end-customers to see how much the photographer actually paid for the printing of an image, vs the marked-up price.
    But wouldn't that go out the window with all the other shops that do print their prices? Plus most clients who are that picky about pricing would probably go to Walmart or Walgreens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mweintraub View Post
    But wouldn't that go out the window with all the other shops that do print their prices? Plus most clients who are that picky about pricing would probably go to Walmart or Walgreens.

At least in the past, when you deal with many "pros", they'd sell you finished prints at a markup which reflects materials, time, and talent. This doesn't get broken down, you want an 11x14 of your portrait, the price is X. If people knew the lab charges the pro $5 for the print, it's hard to accept that the price the pro quotes may be $200.

But who really knows why Miller's does it, other than Miller's?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many places that cater to professional trades, in a variety of industries, do not make their prices public. And I believe it's to avoid seeing the markup - however justified it may be. Probably an anachronism now when price information is so available online, but it persists.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin