Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,918   Online: 1125

Shooter
    Multi Format

Color Printing Problems

I have recently started printing my own color, and so far it has been nice with few problems. But today I tried printing some of my b&w negs on color paper and I have a "splotch" in the upper left corner of my prints... the chemistry has been the same as with my true color prints, but those don't have a "splotch" in them. Any ideas as to what it could be? I am using the Arista RA-4 kit from Freestyle and developing in a drum on a motor-base. These are both printed on Kodak Supra Endura, the neg with the sunflowers is APX100 in WD2D+ and the train one is APX100 in Rodinal 1:50. Sorry about the poor scans too.
    -Grant
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sunflower2.jpg   train1.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Was the drum dry. Did you wipe it out with a paper towel?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Was the drum dry. Did you wipe it out with a paper towel?
    Yes, each time I dried all parts of the drum. This happened in all 5 prints I made today (these two were the most obvious).
    -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like the paper was fogged by a light leak somewhere. You've checked all the possibles?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    Looks like the paper was fogged by a light leak somewhere. You've checked all the possibles?
    Hmm, now that you mention that it makes me remember that I used to have a leak near my lensboard. I covered it up with a black bag and tape, but maybe I missed part of it. I'll pay attention next time I'm printng. Thanks.
    -Grant

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin