Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,650   Online: 1098

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
    bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still going...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just shot a couple of rolls of this Agfa/Fuji 200 I.S.O. that I just got back from the lab, and I as a long time user of both companies films can't say the results remind me of either firms films the color balance is far warmer than either.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I just shot a couple of rolls of this Agfa/Fuji 200 I.S.O. that I just got back from the lab, and I as a long time user of both companies films can't say the results remind me of either firms films the color balance is far warmer than either.
    Yes I tried a sample and from the mini lab
    it looked strange but with a scan and auto white balance it looked normal.

It could be a problem batch that they are dumping below cost.

I did not check further to see what filtration was used cause it was 24x cassettes and I hate reloading.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still going on, ordered three boxes.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It seems to still be in most shops here eventually it will stop and we will be sad again...

Shooter
    35mm
    Every time I see this cheap film it always seem to be the Fuji 200, never 100 or 400. I recall many years ago when Sainsbury( U.K. supermarket for the benefit of non U.K.ers) sold Fuji film in bargain packs it was always 200 speed. So it is not a new thing nor given how many years ago this was, a run-down of Fuji 200 on a once sold it's gone forever basis.

I wonder why? It is almost as if this stuff was/is produced as a dedicated "cheap" line in film.

I'll add I have nothing against the stuff to stop this post starting a fight, I just wonder why it always seems to be 200 speed?

Any ideas?

pentaxuser

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Over here at two major drugstore chains I can get fresh Fuji CN film retailer-branded in 200 and 400ISO.
    In the past there was even more choice of speeds with retailer-branded films.
    Last edited by AgX; 05-12-2014 at 11:07 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I remember reading 15 or 20 years ago, that Kodak was saying their Gold 200 was as fine grained as the previous 100 speed film and being between 100 and 400 was the sweet spot that most consumers wanted. This was at the height of the soccer moms, point and shoot, 1-hour mini lab, days.

They said then that 200 would be replacing 100 since 100 had no advantage. I always preferred 100 for the colors and brilliance myself.

I'm sure the last color film produced and available will be ISO 200.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    200 is in some ways both a useful and odd speed. Too fast to be medium, too slow to be fast. I've always wondered that it was so popular in color but not black and white. I think it's more useful and flexible for outdoor shooting than 100, but not fast enough for low light situations at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    200 makes sense when you realize that a lot of photos are taken with low powered, in-camera electronic flash.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin