Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,684   Online: 905

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the 100F for it's incredible resistance to reciprocity failure - you can go up to a full minute with neither exposure nor color compensation. That is also at the expense of the color saturation, though. I hope the 100 shows these properties, but with the great colors of V50. I like shooting in low light, so right now it's 100F for ease of exposure calculation, etc.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceN
    If it really gives me the same color saturation as Velvia 50 with finer grain and one stop faster I'll dance a jig.
    I never found Velvia to be as fast as 50 so if the new film speed is accurate, it might be more than one stop.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lets hope the 100 is as good as they say. I am starting to run out of freezer space with all the other films I am having to stockpile.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceN
    I like the 100F for it's incredible resistance to reciprocity failure - you can go up to a full minute with neither exposure nor color compensation.
    I've shot the 50 at a 4 min exposure and didn't have a colour shift. I was amazed, and very pleased since 8x10 film isn't cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After shooting Velvia for about 10 years now, I have never had a reciprocity failure problem with long exposures.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aargh! I'm primarily B&W but colour I shoot mostly with Velvia 50 - looove the colours and it works really well in the harsh Australian sun. I'll place a photo into the gallery. Yep, it's colour!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sound's like good news to me. Faster with smiliar grain

Graham

Shooter
    Multi Format
    'simular' that is the key word, Kodak tried to push that down our throats as well, when they discontiued Kodachrome 25....more speed, less grain, is an oxy-moron...

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole McGrade
    Aargh! I'm primarily B&W but colour I shoot mostly with Velvia 50 - looove the colours and it works really well in the harsh Australian sun. I'll place a photo into the gallery. Yep, it's colour!
    Velvia is a bit overkill for portraits - it does terrible things to skin colors. Have you tried Provia F100; I think you will like it much better.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Images
    I think the provia would have left Nicole's daughter a sickly blue in that lighting situation, unless she used an 81A filter as well. Astia might have been a better choice.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin