Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,649   Posts: 1,481,293   Online: 804

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    I think the provia would have left Nicole's daughter a sickly blue in that lighting situation, unless she used an 81A filter as well. Astia might have been a better choice.
    Yes, I think Astia would have been the ultimate choice; I tend to think of primarily films used for landscape work and forgot about Astia. Perhaps, Astia with either an 81A or a gold reflector. Velvia just does terrible things with skin tones.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    lol, thanks for the suggestions. I shot this portrait with Velvia because it's what I had in the camera at the time. And I actually really like the 'glow' it gives off. Not something I'd do professionally but for home use I can get some interesting effects.
    I don't like the gold reflector much as it gives too much 'shine'. Again, it depends on the situation. I like using NPH400 for colour portraits due to the gentle subtleness I can get.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole McGrade
    lol, thanks for the suggestions. I shot this portrait with Velvia because it's what I had in the camera at the time...
    I find myself doing that quite often; that is one of the drawbacks to using 35mm. In my article: http://www.visionlandscapes.com/Arti...px?ArticleID=7 about most of the way down the page, there is an image of a man pouring sand into a bottle. I too, found myself with Velvia in the camera, and it took a lot of PS work to get his skin color right.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin