Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,568   Online: 1052

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Fuji Velvia 50 to be Discontinued...

Just got this from a friend of mine.......

Further reading on the Fuji web page reveals this:

"Availability - The new Fujichrome Velvia 100 is designed to replace the current Velvia 50 product line. Initial shipments of the new Velvia 100 are scheduled for late spring 2005. It is anticipated that Velvia 50 will be available for the balance of 2005. Fujifilm intends to make the transition from Velvia 50 to the new Velvia 100 as smooth as possible for professional photographers by having both Velvia products available simultaneously in 2005 to allow photographers time to test the new product."

Time to start stocking the Fridge.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where on the Fuji web site?
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is the link for the full press release.

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...4&CAT_ID=-1007

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I, for one, can't wait to get hold of some of the new stuff and try it out. If it really gives me the same color saturation as Velvia 50 with finer grain and one stop faster I'll dance a jig.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm confused.

The release says they're introducing Velvia 100 in Spring 2005 with the intention of replacing 50 after the end of the year. Is this a different Velvia 100 to the one that's already in the shops and has been for about a year...?!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the link Dave.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Velvia 100F and Velvia 100 are two different films, I myself don't like Velvia 100F, the depth and saturation is not there as it is with the ISO 50, but people I know in Japan where the 100 has been available have stated the non-'F' Emulsion is very close to the 50 and if you shoot at 80 and process normally you will see the same depth and color saturation as 50 shot at 50. But I know a great many of us that shoot 50 at 40 and process normally.

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    "Availability - The new Fujichrome Velvia 100 is designed to replace the current Velvia 50 product line. Initial shipments of the new Velvia 100 are scheduled for late spring 2005. It is anticipated that Velvia 50 will be available for the balance of 2005. Fujifilm intends to make the transition from Velvia 50 to the new Velvia 100 as smooth as possible for professional photographers by having both Velvia products available simultaneously in 2005 to allow photographers time to test the new product."
    I've kind of been expecting this for sometime. While the 100F isn't bad - it is what I primarily use - I prefer the 50 speed film for its color. I've been wishing the 100 would finally come to the US, so I could get the speed and color together.

I'm willing to bet that the photo magazines like "Outdoor Photography" ("Outdoor Photoshop") will ignore it as they have the Nikon F6.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have heard that the 100F variant isn't (as?) susceptible to shaded areas going blue as either Velvia 50 or, for that matter, Provia 100F. But it's not nearly as saturated, certainly, as V50

allan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiyen
    I have heard that the 100F variant isn't (as?) susceptible to shaded areas going blue as either Velvia 50 or, for that matter, Provia 100F. But it's not nearly as saturated, certainly, as V50

allan
    Yes Allan, you are correct, but this is at the expence of the color saturation and depth of the iso 50 varient, the 100F is a easier emulsion to shoot, but not quite as good as the 50. But that is one of the those experiance things, understanding how the subtle differences in emulsions can make a dramatic difference in the redering of an image.

it will be interesting to see what develops.

Dave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin