Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,521   Posts: 1,645,621   Online: 935

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Check my posting on this very query under "Sticky:List of Color Chemicals and Where to get them". My posting is now down on the 16th page posted on Sept. 15th, 2013. The company I order from is Hi-Tech Service Centre of Mississauga, ON, L4W 1P1. Ph. (905-238-0388).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oops! I just checked the website for Hi-Tech - it looks like they may have discontinued their color chemical supply business since I last ordered from them. Too bad, as they had very good prompt service. I'll continue to check and follow up if I'm successful.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I checked further and found the website address for Hi-Tech. It is as follows: hitechemall.com. As I stated in my posting under the other thread (Sticky, the website needs some work done to it (even to just find it). I last ordered from them in April '12. Their email address is "fablenatural@gmail.com.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don's Photo is a good local store. There may be others, but we have a Don's here too and they do stock some darkroom stuff at reasonable prices. Alas, the selection is smaller than it once was.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks everyone for the recommendations! I'll check them all out.

Stupid question for anyone who lives in Canada and shoots instant film: anyway to get my hands on some impossible project film without having it be frozen during shipping

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have ordered instant film (Fuji not Impossible) from B&H in the winter and it was fine. Purolator has not left any package outside when I was not there to receive it- so far.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow that hitech place has low prices on C-41 chemicals. Obviously more for labs but has anyone used them for home developing?

I've ordered Impossible from Beau and also directly from the Impossible website. If it can survive the Yukon winter it should be fine in the 'peg.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow! I didn't know about those guys. Wonder how current those prices are.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've not used hitech's c-41 yet. Last time I developed my own film was probably over 30 years ago.
    Regarding their specs for the ra-4 chems they give a developer working temperature range of 15-38C. I tried the developer once at about 20C, extending the time substantially (can't remember how long). The results were terrible. In fact on the bottles of the components they list a working range of 32-38C. I use 35C with excellent results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used the first of the 10 litres of C41 i recently got from Hi Tech tonight. Did 10 rolls–they look fine at first glance, though I haven't taken densitometer measurements or anything. I was a bit disappointed to see that the part B blix bottle leaked a bit during shipping, but what do you expect from a place with a website that looks like it's from 1996?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin