Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,815   Online: 866

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Chemistry in Canada

Hi,

I've recently moved to Winnipeg from the states. Does anyone develop their own C41 here in town? Can anyone please recommend a good source for C-41 chems (kodak or otherwise)? Any input is appreciated!

-Dennis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My recommendation would be B&H. They have very reasonable and fast shipping to Canada. I found the Jobo/Tetenal pwer kit works well enugh for what I need - and it can be shipped across boarder.
    I spend some time in Winnipeg, and have not seen a lot of chemicals in the camera stores except, understandably, the very basic B+W ones.
    I bought some film at one of the stores and they were surprised that I shot it, and very surprised I could develop it.
    I read Beau photo in Vancouver ships but have not used them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Beau Photo in Vancouver is awesome I buy from them all the time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I second Jeff L. I gave up on freestyle a long time ago due to their unreasonable shipping charges. B&H even has the ability to pre pay the taxes and duties.
    Get it right in the camera, the first time...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In Halifax, I order through Henry's. We have 2 local ones here, and they can order in with their normal shipment. No shipping charges.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You should compare the prices. Henry's does not give anything away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with the others. While living in Toronto, Kamloops BC, and in a small town north of Winnipeg, I almost always ordered everything from Freestyle or B&H. Even with shipping and duty, it still usually worked out cheaper than buying in Canada (plus there is usually a greater selection at your disposal.) Things may have changed in the last few years since I've been there, but I doubt it. In any event, it pays to shop around and compare prices (including shipping).
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't get me wrong; I prefer to buy in Canada. It's just getting past that bull's-eye on my head as I walk in the store.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mostly for me it's the ability to get things in a couple of days, and not having to pay for shipping. And getting liquids shipped is nearly impossible. And now with the dollar falling, I find the cost differences to be not so great. It's not like I order so much C41 that it makes it worth it to deal with powders and pay for shipping and HST, and quite often, brokerage fees. I get my RA4 from the local lab.

That being said, I AM in the market for a couple of C41 packets to try, and some crystal archive... but, beau photo's pricelist is offline.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here are the llinks to the old prices I still have them in my browser history.

http://www.beauphoto.com/frames/film..._paper2013.pdf
    http://www.beauphoto.com/frames/film...u_film2013.pdf

The Tetenal C-41 kits they sell are the liquid chems, not the powder. Prices are on par with Freestyle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin