Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,664   Online: 883

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

No more Fuji 160 ns in 4x5?

Is it gone?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've looked at the normal outlets here in the USA and do not see any listed. I did see one site in Japan that showed some 160NC in 4x5. So, I'm thinking it too has been dropped along with the cut they did last year on a lot of 4x5 stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fujifilm 160NS is discontinued across the board. It is no longer being manufactured. I was in Japan a few months ago and was looking for this film and could not find it anywhere, even in the largest film store in all Tokyo. I was told it will not be made again.

Sucks........

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I doubt it , I use this film all the time and ordered as recently as Dec 2013.. I hope not

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    I doubt it , I use this film all the time and ordered as recently as Dec 2013.. I hope not
    There might be stock still out there, as the discontinuation was very recent. I have some recently made Reala and that too is 100% discontinued. I searched all over Tokyo looking for Reala and 160NS and came up 100% empty.

Basically only the films that got redesigned packages now survive at Fujifilm. 160NS did not get the redesigned package, 400H did.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong as 160NS was quite cheap compared to 400H.

By the way, I can still buy 160NS in China, but my film guy tells me that he cannot order any more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've only seen the 400H being offered up as a continued product at this present time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://petapixel.com/2013/03/25/fuji...es-to-rise-25/

So this leaves Kodak as the sole manufacturer of colour print film in sheets.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Yes this link provided at the time a bit of positive news, but as we've seen the outcome was not as good as it looked at first. I just see it as availability is what's on the shelves. I do not seek further then that any longer after the last few years of holding out hope with everyone else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post

Yes, the image in that link shows films that currently survive at Fujifilm. Reala 100 and 160NS are gone as they did not get new packaging.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes Fuji discontinued that emulsion in 5x4 with a couple of others a year or so back. What is still available is back-inventory, like a lot of the films that were discontinued.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin