Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,313   Online: 1191

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C-22 Found film

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Only if he can put in glass bottles with old fashion looking labels.
    Now you're getting it!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by septim View Post
    Unless I'm missing something here the date on the MSDS you linked is 01/04/1984?

Or were you meaning to link to this MSDS: http://msdssearchengine.com/local_msds.php?id=104419 ?
    I think you are right. I had a copy saved as an "ingredients list" but obviously I couldn't link that so I searched again for it and it seems the ones I found this time had an earlier registration date.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, C-22 went away in the 70s and was just about the time Kodak "learned" how to package an all liquid kit with developer that did not go away quickly!

It is quite a surprise to me, as I never saw that kit. I have E3 and E4 kits from that time that are not liquid, but my E6 is as is the Ektaprint 3. So, I was wrong. In any event, that color developer is shot.

To fix things up you will need some CD-3 (5 g/l) and the Sulfite level will be off by quite a bit, but after that HC110, who cares!

Sorry for my goof. Old age is creeping in!

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Well, C-22 went away in the 70s and was just about the time Kodak "learned" how to package an all liquid kit with developer that did not go away quickly!

It is quite a surprise to me, as I never saw that kit. I have E3 and E4 kits from that time that are not liquid, but my E6 is as is the Ektaprint 3. So, I was wrong. In any event, that color developer is shot.
    No problem. Looking for information on that kit I see them coming up in commercial lab auctions and as government surplus. I suspect this may be some kind of special order item.

To fix things up you will need some CD-3 (5 g/l) and the Sulfite level will be off by quite a bit, but after that HC110, who cares!
    Do I just mix A and B and add new CD-3 or are you suggesting that I remake Part A? How badly does the HC110/rehal step effect the chances of getting color images? I can skip it if it greatly impacts the result. It's really only there to ensure I retrieve something from the film.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

Sorry for my goof. Old age is creeping in!

PE
    Are you saying he can still use the bottle of developer by just adding CD-3 to it?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do NOT use the CD3 bottle that came with the kit. It is probably tar by now. At best it will be a dark thick liquid that stinks like bad fixer. Use powder CD3 (5 g/l) and then use the other parts except for the CD3. This should work well enough after the HC110 treatment.

Expect degraded color and crossover.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will see about remaking a version of part A, this is more than just the CD-3 it also contains the Benzyl alcohol.

I will snip test a film and try one part via Hc110 and one direct in C-22 and get some idea as to the impact of the Ae-31 procedure. The chemicals for hardener/fixer/bleach are in transit. I just ordered CD-3. Is the Benzyl alcohol likely to be available locally (is it something a local none photographic business might carry?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many businesses carry BZA. It is used in many nasal sprays and nose drops.

I'm surprised that the BZA is mixed with the CD3. It was not in the other kits that used it.

Use 5 m;/L of BZA as well.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is only going from the MSDS listing

============= Composition/Information on Ingredients =============

Ingred Name:ETHYLENE DICHLORIDE (SARA III)
    CAS:107-06-2
    RTECS #:KI0525000
    Fraction by Wt: 20-25%
    OSHA PEL:50 PPM/C,100PPM
    ACGIH TLV:10 PPM; 9293
    EPA Rpt Qty:100 LBS
    DOT Rpt Qty:100 LBS

Ingred Name:BENZYL ALCOHOL
    CAS:100-51-6
    RTECS #:DN3150000
    Fraction by Wt: 20-25%

Ingred
    Name:4-(N-ETHYL-N-2-METHANESULFONYLAMINOETHYL)-2-METHYLPHENYLENEDIA
    MINE SESQUISULFATE MONOHYD
    CAS:25646-71-3
    RTECS #:PB4310000
    Fraction by Wt: 15-20%

Ingred Name:DIETHYLENE GLYCOL
    CAS:111-46-6
    RTECS #:ID5950000
    Fraction by Wt: 5-10%

Ingred Name:25-30
    CAS:7732-18-5
    RTECS #:ZC0110000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The stabilizing of the color developer portion was done with Sulfur Dioxide gas. If it is not listed then the CD3 goes bad in about 1 year or less.

PE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin