Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,455   Posts: 1,643,713   Online: 836

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: C-22 Found film

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I only did the bleach, re-expose, and C-22 processing because I'd already processed the film as B&W, thinking I'd never find a C-22 kit. But I finally found one. The CD-3 in it (powder form) was fine, light tan powder, it was the bleach that had eaten through the foil bag.

I can understand your desire to do B&W processing first, to be sure that you get an image. If you process in C-22 with dead developer, once you bleach the film (which will succeed), there's no second chance. But developing as B&W first is really going to compromise the quality, and you have to use absolutely fresh bleach. It's a very nasty process, really hard to keep the film clean in re-exposure.

Instead of developing as B&W first, get some unexposed C-22 or E-4 film, expose it as a test roll, mix the kit, and see if it comes out with "reasonable" color. If it does, process the found film. If not, keep looking on eBay for another C-22 kit.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    John,
    good suggestion about using an old/new C-22 film as an experiment, If I can find it in 35mm it will give me a lot of film length I can use to test variations in processing. I'll have the makings of entirely fresh developer in two weeks that gives me the option of trying three variations on the process.

1) The kit as bought (thinking this won't work)
    2) Part B of the kit with a fresh mixed part A (mainly new CD-3)
    3) The 1958 BJP formula mixed from fresh chemicals.

I'll scan ebay for some unused 35mm. I have a nice little Canonette that hasn't seen light in a while.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch2 View Post
    John,
    good suggestion about using an old/new C-22 film as an experiment, If I can find it in 35mm it will give me a lot of film length I can use to test variations in processing. I'll have the makings of entirely fresh developer in two weeks that gives me the option of trying three variations on the process.

1) The kit as bought (thinking this won't work)
    2) Part B of the kit with a fresh mixed part A (mainly new CD-3)
    3) The 1958 BJP formula mixed from fresh chemicals.

I'll scan ebay for some unused 35mm. I have a nice little Canonette that hasn't seen light in a while.
    This is exciting, I hope the BJP formula works! I have one SHOT and 3 other "fresh" rolls of C-22/NK-17 (was it NK?? Something -17) frozen and ready to shoot / develop!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In general is this formula ok?
    The formula calls for sodium sulfite not sodium sulfate. I hope that this is just a typo.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    The formula calls for sodium sulfite not sodium sulfate. I hope that this is just a typo.
    It's a typo I ordered Sulfite
    Last edited by fletch2; 03-10-2014 at 03:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just an update. CX-135 film proved elusive but I managed to get 3 rolls of Kodakcolor-X in 620 with an expiration date of mid 1966. This is good for two reasons, first the biggest single source of the C-22 film I have came from a camera lot that also included some rolls of VP620. The pictures on those rolls all seem to date from the late 60's so there is a good chance the color film will be of the same era. That makes my test stock reasonably close to what I will end up developing. I plan to shoot a roll of CX620 at ISO 40 and developing it 3 ways. A second bonus is 3 more 620 reels

I now have all the chemicals for the BJP formula save the 6-nitrobenzimideazole nitrate AKA Kodak Antifog #2. I haven't been able to find a source for this and I will need an anti fogging agent. I am considering using Benzotriazole instead and using one of the other CX620 rolls to work out the concentration.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Just an update. CX-135 film proved elusive but I managed to get 3 rolls of Kodakcolor-X in 620 with an expiration date of mid 1966. This is good for two reasons, first the biggest single source of the C-22 film I have came from a camera lot that also included some rolls of VP620. The pictures on those rolls all seem to date from the late 60's so there is a good chance the color film will be of the same era. That makes my test stock reasonably close to what I will end up developing. I plan to shoot a roll of CX620 at ISO 40 and developing it 3 ways. A second bonus is 3 more 620 reels

I now have all the chemicals for the BJP formula save the 6-nitrobenzimideazole nitrate AKA Kodak Antifog #2. I haven't been able to find a source for this and I will need an anti fogging agent. I am considering using Benzotriazole instead and using one of the other CX620 rolls to work out the concentration.
    Oh I have some Kodacolor in my fridge... If I had realized it was C-22... Oh well... Hah!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Oh I have some Kodacolor in my fridge... If I had realized it was C-22... Oh well... Hah!
    The original Kodacolor and Kodacolor-X were both C-22.

Kodacolor II, Kodacolor 400, Kodacolor HR (disk only) and the various Kodacolor VR films were all C-41.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

C-22 Found film

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The original Kodacolor and Kodacolor-X were both C-22.

Kodacolor II, Kodacolor 400, Kodacolor HR (disk only) and the various Kodacolor VR films were all C-41.
    That's a shame, I just "wasted" two "fresh" rolls (one of each of those) and re-rolled with 70mm HP5+... I needed the backing paper and spools... I feel bad now... It's a neat color though...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395287595.361392.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	84778

I tried selling them first here in the classifies but no one wanted them so then I listed on eBay and no one wanted them there so I gave up and unrolled them to use the backing paper... Sorry guys...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin