Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,723   Online: 1048

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaf-Photo View Post
    Great post, Lamar. I agree wholeheartedly

Before I wrap up here, I have one final suggestion for the OP. It may sound crazy, but I really recommend it:

Try shooting bleak landscapes with Fuji Superia. I know it is cheap but it has some benefits.

In my experience, Superia has very good saturation and contrast. It does emphasise warm colours. At the same time you will get very clear blues, greens and whites. Good for landscapes In MF the grain won't be very prominent either.

I like the way it looks and I have had positive reactions to it. I think it's because it very much looks like people imagine that film photos should look like.
    Thanks for suggestion - not available in 120 format to the best of my knowledge however...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Superia and Ektar are completely different animals. Ektar is quite a bit more accurate in an objective sense. Superia just saturates certain
    hues. Which one you prefer it up to you. Ektar is worth the extra effort... but there will be some extra effort to master it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by coigach View Post
    Thanks for suggestion - not available in 120 format to the best of my knowledge however...
    There is some Superia available in 120 format, but it appears to have been recently discontinued, so stocks are dwindling . Here are a few places that currently have it:

http://www.mathersoflancashire.co.uk...tCategoryID=57

http://www.discountfilmsdirect.co.uk...120_roll_.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-Sup...ji+superia+120

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, I have no trouble buying Supra in 120 format. It's a fun film to use.

Also, I have no problem using Ektar in the right lighting conditions but it tends to look bad in the type of light and weather where I live. Rather than using a warming filter which affects all colours and gives a light that never was, I like using the mote selectively warming Supra. Portra looks good too but it has less punch.

The results are closer to what I see and capturing the light is an important part of photography, I think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Shriver View Post
    My scans from my first roll of Ektar 100. Last one does show the blue tendencies. (Same blue tendencies as seen with Ektachrome-X or Ektachrome E100G.).
    Those look terrific. We are lucky to have a film like Ektar around.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Those scans were done with Nikon Scan. Best way I've found to scan Ektar 100 is with SilverFast with the NegaFix profile for Ektar 100. Until that was available, I had the darnedest time getting good color in scans, whether using Nikon Scan or SilverFast.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin