Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,070   Online: 789

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
    It was a very dense base, when I pulled it out of the tank compared to the Ektar I instantly knew something was amiss; as they looked completely different.
    Its always a good idea to use new fresh film, that you you limit the amount of things that can go wrong, and you support the industry while you are at it.

Thanks for the confirmation on the developer, a sad mistake
    It happens to everyone - good thing you noticed this before running more film through that dev.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You're not rinsing with water between developer and blix are you? Go either straight to blix (no rinse), or at least use some kind of acidic stop, even if it's just white vinegar diluted in water.

I use to water rinse between the dev and bleach to conserve the bleach a little bit longer, all was fine until I moved house that used a different water source. I got base fogged film and took forever to track it down to that one step.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    You're not rinsing with water between developer and blix are you? Go either straight to blix (no rinse), or at least use some kind of acidic stop, even if it's just white vinegar diluted in water.

I use to water rinse between the dev and bleach to conserve the bleach a little bit longer, all was fine until I moved house that used a different water source. I got base fogged film and took forever to track it down to that one step.
    Thanks, no I went straight to blix after the developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Gold family of films looks denser when wet than Ektar and Portra. Take that from a guy who used to coat Gold 400 at EK, doing R&D on - keeping among other things.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks, no I went straight to blix after the developer.
    Going straight to BLIX worked ok for me with 35mm format, but created nasty yellow splotches in medium format. These splotches never showed up again since I use a stop bath between CD and BLIX. But even the worst instance of these splotches did not resemble the issues that you brought up here in this thread. I would point my fingers at expired and poorly stored film here, not at faulty developer or dev procedure.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So after re-doing the blix/wash/stabilizer steps (didnt improve things) and doing some more checks on the camera, I've determined that my Yashica Electro 35 GSN has the dreaded POD (pad of death) issue. While looking through the back of the camera and trying various aperture settings and exercising the shutter, the speeds do not change at all no matter what setting I use (seems to default to 1/500 when you have the POD issue) so I need to get my camera fixed or attempt the repair myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin