Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,204   Online: 855

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I too, use both glossy and lustre. Glossy is the 'F' type and I guess lustre is 'E'. As far as buying the good paper, I suppose it is. Personally, I have moved over to Kodak color papers from the Fuji because I just like the Kodak pallette a little better, but there is nothing wrong with Fuji. Supra Endura that I have had on ice makes very nice prints but I get very nice results from Edge and Royal as well. (Royal is the same as Edge but has a thicker base)

One time I did get "gray" whites was using some Endura with chemistry that was over it's limit in terms of amount of paper processed. Make sure this hasn't happened to you. Seems to me that RA-4 will still process prints even though it is "officially" exhausted. Unfortunately, the whites start to look gray and the colors start to get a "plastic" look to them. Unlike dektol, you cannot use the RA-4 chemistry till it gets too slow to be useful. Once it you hit the recommended limits in terms of square inches processed the quality goes downhill very quickly, although it still appears to work.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    -Yes i think maybe my developer is strong, and so i dilute with more water but still get that cream color...
    -I want to ask, is the black in fuji paper so deep and reach as in Kodak? I like Kodak because i think the color is more deep and reach, what is your opinion? I now that Fuji have different pallet but i don't trust the local dealer of Kodak paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    -Well, i go today in local Kodak dealer who sale me the fog paper and they accept to change the paper!!
    -Huhh that's good now, but they don't have Endura Supra in new batch and give my the Royal.. oh i now is optimizing for digital printing but make and for optical too, as i read give more saturated colors and sharpness. The paper as i see there in prints, is thick with deep black and clear whites, i like the filing.
    -Any way i give a try and i write for the result.
    -And i have an idea about the paper that i have cut from the fog paper, i print b&w and with those cream base i think they come out perfect..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Crystal Archive with Kodak RA. It's a standard RA process and will give you consistent results. Filtration will be different however.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    -Thank you all. I print in Kodak Royal and the result is very good. The whites is clear and bright, the color deep and contrast is ok, as endura supra. Only i don't like those logos in the buck.. ''digital paper''..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin