Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,789   Online: 853

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

fuji crytal archive paper in kodak ra4 chemicals?

-Hello to all friends, here i have a problem!
    - I by a roll of paper from a local dealer Kodak enbura supra F 20cm x 88m, which when i develop the whites is gray and is very difficult to take the right color in this situation .. the dealer have the paper maybe for long time out of refrigerator in hot environment i think...
    -Any way i don't trust him now to give me other roll of paper, and so i can by from fuji the crystal archive paper that i now for sure it's new!! Any one try fuji paper in kodak ra4? is it ok? and i like glossy paper which is the best from fuji?
    -Thank you all.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Should be no problem. Many of us have used Fuji CA with Kodak chemicals without problem and the other way round. RA-4 is RA-4.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    -Thank you, do you use glossy? is it worth to buy the good one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    -And is there any way that i can save those roll of Kodak paper?.. i here have some chemical that take away the gray but maybe again is difficult to find in my country..

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I print Fuji paper in Kodak RA/RT chem routinely. But the chemistry also need to be reasonably fresh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    -Drew, the paper write is optimize for laser print, is it ok to print with the classic way? I now that never have to exceed 3-4 second exposure time.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FCA and Kodak RA/RT works great for my purposes. Several examples among my gallery images. I print at 94F and use drums.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the Fuji as well as the last sheets of some Kodak Endura Ultra and Supra I have in 'Champion' RA4 developer, home-made Stop Bath and 'CPAC' Blix in a 16x12" British NOVA slot processor working at 35oC and it works well. I have both Glossy and Lustre surfaces.
    An 'Old Dog still learning New Tricks !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Fuji in Kodak RA all the time. Works like a charm. I prefer Fuji Supergloss. Painfully expensive, since you have to buy a whole roll, but if you are putting so much effort into printing under the enlarger, might as well get the best you can get. In my opinion, it produces just gorgeous prints!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Alex - I do not know exactly what kind of labeling is being done on Fuji Crystal Archive products in various parts of Europe. I do know that the
    correct papers are available for analog printing as well as certain photofinishing papers which might be less appropriate. Here it is pretty obvious. The correct Fuji papers will be specified on the tech sheets as appropriate for BOTH digital and analog printing. That something is
    simply called "digitally optimized" does not mean that it is not equally suitable for ordinary colorhead enlarging. There seems to be a lot of
    confusion over this. But there are other products specifically meant for cheapie Minilab applications which are different. It will take a bit of
    homework. But some of the correct Fuji CAII papers which I have personally been using with excellent results were actually manufactured in
    the Netherlands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin