Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,040   Online: 934

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you can find a way to do ECN-2 at home, maybe you could get bulk ECN-2 kits, and then repackage it to include 10 rolls of 135-35 and the chemistry necessary to process those 10 rolls.

I would be very interested in that!
    New-ish convert to film.
    Pentax MX for 35mm
    Bronica ETRS for 645

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Besides being technically difficult, I might also add that your idea opens you to all sorts of legal problems should anything go wrong. Not only from people who buy your modified film but from processing labs and people who have had their film processed after yours.
    Have you ever heard of CineStill? I have seen the results and they are absolutely amazing! The only thing they do different is they use Kodak Vision 500T WITH rem-jet on it. However, they have patented a process of removing the rem-jet and sell their film for half the price of an ounce of silver (I paid $12 for a 36 exp roll). My film would be more affordable. And you get CineStill processed at any C-41 lab.
    Live for the art. Live for Analog!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Sounds like your on the way to making a small fortune, by starting out with a larger one.
    Quite funny, as my 1400 feet of completely usable film only cost less than $200, which has greater anti-halation properties and even better anti-static properties than "normal" C-41 film. And the colors are amazing to boot! I have no problem processing myself as I have also purchased my chemicals at some very awesome prices. So, where is this large fortune I spent?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fretlessdavis View Post
    If you can find a way to do ECN-2 at home, maybe you could get bulk ECN-2 kits, and then repackage it to include 10 rolls of 135-35 and the chemistry necessary to process those 10 rolls.

I would be very interested in that!
    That is a very good idea! I have been researching a little on the ECN-2 chems, just can't find a supplier. Maybe if I looked a little harder?

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you, everyone, for the replies! I have experimented some with it (when I have the time) and find really no problems. The rem-jet comes off SUPER easy in a borax solution. The colors are vivid and almost pristine. It is a good cross-process film, IMHO! I have learned a way to remove the rem-jet without touching the emulsion. As far as competing with other film suppliers, it's not competition on my part. I just want to supply an interesting product to consumers who enjoy such. If anyone is interested in purchasing some rolls from me WITH the rem-jet for experimenting with, I will be more than happy to sell and mail some for awesome prices. Just pm me if interested!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmithphoto1 View Post
    That is a very good idea! I have been researching a little on the ECN-2 chems, just can't find a supplier. Maybe if I looked a little harder?
    Try contacting a facility that processes movie film (Dwayne's maybe?). Unless it's against agreements with Kodak, I'm sure someone would be willing to order a round of the chemicals (likely VERY large quantities) and forward them to you, for a bit of profit and the transit cost.

Not sure of all the chemicals, but I'm sure C-41 stabilizer, and possibly bleach could be used. Maybe fixer, too?

EDIT: I would also be *very* interested if you found a way to get some 70mm Vision film and spool it up as rolls of 220.
    New-ish convert to film.
    Pentax MX for 35mm
    Bronica ETRS for 645

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Kodak sells the chemicals directly. Look in the appropriate section here:

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...uary7_2014.pdf

The prices aren't huge, but the quantities are! :-)

Not sure if you can order them via their 800-621-FILM number or not (that may just be for film orders) but I bet those folks would know who to call.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmithphoto1 View Post
    Have you ever heard of CineStill? I have seen the results and they are absolutely amazing! The only thing they do different is they use Kodak Vision 500T WITH rem-jet on it. However, they have patented a process of removing the rem-jet and sell their film for half the price of an ounce of silver (I paid $12 for a 36 exp roll). My film would be more affordable. And you get CineStill processed at any C-41 lab.
    Never heard of Cinestill but I stand by my comments. Since the ECN-2 and C-41 processes use different color developing agents there will be color shifts and possible crossover. This was discussed on a previous thread.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 03-05-2014 at 05:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But Gerald, this is the internet; what somebody else says somewhere else always trumps anything anybody says on the current forum.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How did you cross process it? When I did it in E6 chems It came out horribly

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin