Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,220   Posts: 1,532,307   Online: 892

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fretlessdavis View Post
    Try contacting a facility that processes movie film (Dwayne's maybe?). Unless it's against agreements with Kodak, I'm sure someone would be willing to order a round of the chemicals (likely VERY large quantities) and forward them to you, for a bit of profit and the transit cost.

Not sure of all the chemicals, but I'm sure C-41 stabilizer, and possibly bleach could be used. Maybe fixer, too?

EDIT: I would also be *very* interested if you found a way to get some 70mm Vision film and spool it up as rolls of 220.
    Thanks for that info! I will check that out AND I will see what I can do about the 70mm!
    Live for the art. Live for Analog!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks! I have searched high and low for a .pdf that listed the prices!

Shooter
    35mm
    Okay, I agree! HOWEVER, the results (minus the shifts) were just beautiful. I've seen them. It's hard to say it's crap .

Shooter
    35mm
    I process it C-41. The results are good! I am in the transition of film scanners, so when I get my new one, I will post the results. The one I have now (film scanner) is a piece not even worthy to be called fecal waste.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There is no ECN 70mm film. The camera negative for that process is 60mm. Only the ECP (print) film comes in 70mm, with the extra width being for the sound tracks.

Of course, if you're willing to order a master roll, they'll probably slice and perforate it any way you like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    But Gerald, this is the internet; what somebody else says somewhere else always trumps anything anybody says on the current forum.
    Were it just an average APUG poster I might agree but PE knows what he is talking about since he was an engineer with Kodak for many years. He has said on more than one occasion that the results will not be good with cross processing ECN films in C-41. Do a search using "ECN C-41" for the other threads on processing ECN film in C-41.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 03-05-2014 at 10:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You may have missed my point, which was a (failed) attempt at humour ... I too trust what PE says, and indeed one only needs to look up the ECN specs to see that the developer uses CD3

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    You may have missed my point, which was a (failed) attempt at humour ... I too trust what PE says, and indeed one only needs to look up the ECN specs to see that the developer uses CD3
    Sorry. One of the limitations of text messages is that such things as satire often do not make it. Thanks for explaining and I did chuckle when I reread your post. I agree completely.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have experience with ECN film and I can say that removing the remjet prior to processing is the wisest. Cinestill looks good but the lack of antihalation layer can lead to unwanted results + the negatives ARE THIN when processed in C41 since C41 is done at significantly lower temperature and CD4 is slower acting. The negatives can be nice but do no justice to the film. But back to removing the remjet as cross-processing is doable...you need a large machine to do that as the solution gets saturated with remjet pretty quickly - trust me! Old film washing machines can be found but are a pain to run. And if you plan to sell it, it is best to leave the emulsion dry to avoid rogue remjet particles drying in there and the rather alkaline prewash solution can alter the qualities of film. So - you need to construct a machine that gently wets the remjet and scrubs it off.

Also, you have to think about spooling the film and marketing it. I doubt that your personal expenses can be covered with the price. Hate to burst your bubble but it is better to leave the mass production to professionals, meanwhile - feel free to either sell it with processing kits as suggested or shoot it yourself. You can even make dry ECN2 processing kits from powders, CD3 is sold in 25kg buckets. And the film looks just stellar when processed right.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Shriver View Post
    There is no ECN 70mm film. The camera negative for that process is 60mm. Only the ECP (print) film comes in 70mm, with the extra width being for the sound tracks.

Of course, if you're willing to order a master roll, they'll probably slice and perforate it any way you like.
    65mm, you need to trim off 4mm for 120/220 assuming it's exactly 65mm. I'd also be down for Vision Print/Premier Print in 70mm though.

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/Produ...&idhbx=vision3

50D, 200T, 250D, 500T stocks available.

Latest price catalog
    http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...uary7_2014.pdf
    Last edited by Athiril; 03-06-2014 at 07:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin