Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,374   Posts: 1,682,958   Online: 606

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    FWIW my understanding with the existing commercially available product is that a dry process is used (and patented, or at least pending) like an air knife. I have tons of stock in the freezer of different speeds including some 400ft reels of Fuji 64T and 500D I am playing with. I have about 10 rolls I am scanning right now. The 5219 (V3 500T) and 5201 (V2 50D) have turned out Ok on home souped c-41 Flexicolor chemicals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Never heard of Cinestill but I stand by my comments. Since the ECN-2 and C-41 processes use different color developing agents there will be color shifts and possible crossover. This was discussed on a previous thread.
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/800135...xpro-c-41-film

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi

Id wish you well on the venture.

but

Kodaks REMJET removal specification is a wet film then waterjet or wet sponge roller followed by carryover remove step... you sure about an air jet REMJET dust is a problem...

your market may be small you are competing against Fuji dumping 200ISO off brand at 1/3 of normal C41...

People who are interested may prefer ECN with REMJET for home processing in ECN chemicals or E6 the REMJET is only a mini lab problem - it makes the ECN better than C41.

Yes I know about the cine still cassettes but has any one bought them.

People buy short ends and recans cause they are cheap and give away reloaded cassettes or 100 foot reels.

All my CC filters are out on loan to people who use T balance cine.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok. Its been almost a year and a half since my reply, my apologies. I have found a simple way of removing the remjet with a borax solution (which wipes it right of!) and a sponge. Cinestill has become VERY popular since our last conversation. I have also removed the remjet from some Vision2 and loaded it into 36exp rolls and supply a local analog store and they have been selling fairly well! It is affordable LOMO style film. I would love to get my hands on some E6 chemicals and try that!!!
    Live for the art. Live for Analog!

Jamison Smith

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I thought the mask would be a problem for normal ECN in E6?

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't know, but it would be interesting to experiment with! Maybe like cross processing C-41 in E6.

Jamison Smith

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmithphoto1 View Post
    Ok. Its been almost a year and a half since my reply, my apologies. I have found a simple way of removing the remjet with a borax solution (which wipes it right of!) and a sponge. Cinestill has become VERY popular since our last conversation. I have also removed the remjet from some Vision2 and loaded it into 36exp rolls and supply a local analog store and they have been selling fairly well! It is affordable LOMO style film. I would love to get my hands on some E6 chemicals and try that!!!

I have used Baking soda solution to remove the remjet layer - most of it is washed off, with temp closer to 40C. and remaining can be wiped off.
    I remember reading somewhere - either here or on fb that Cinestill has mroe of a flaring issue and that any Cine film with removed remjet will also have the same issues with flares.
    Have you experienced that yourself?

Shooter
    35mm
    The flare results as there is no antihalation once the remjet is removed. You will mostly only see it in the brighter areas of the photo. Cine film is a little thinner than C-41. If you use a solution of borax, you will notice the remjet wipes right off with no trouble at all and all you need is lukewarm to warm water. There is a difference in what you remove it with. Ive tried sodium carbonate as well and noticed it was MUCH harder to.remove than with borax.

Jamison Smith

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe you missed it - but with baking soda I used, it almost always washed off - with very very little left post a couple of swirls/rotation with the baking soda solution.
    Yes, flare is something I would not want to have. One of the reasons I didnt remove the remjet initially before use the film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you wash and wipe off the remjet layer, I would assume that the film strip is soaking wet after the procedure. How do you get it onto the spindle for processing then?
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin