Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,531   Online: 897

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Distilled water is cheap enough in most of the US (I understand this is very different in the UK and elsewhere) to just not be an issue. It's $0.79 a gallon at the local Kroger. It's a bit more at some other local grocery stores but still less than $1.20 per gallon at worst case. I routinely use it for all my developers even though I've seen no indication that I need to, just because it's cheap insurance. I haven't used it for stop, fix etc. because my belief has always been that those are less critical. I do mix Photo-Flo with it for my final rinse.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I once bottled liters of dehumidifier water to use. Within a few weeks there were blooms of something growing in every bottle. Brand new dehumidifyer so it was all fresh from the air. Algae grows in mine regularily so I have to keep a cap of bleach in it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, I know about the stuff that can grow in dehumidifier water so I put ONE DROP of unflavored bleach per five gallon jug to prevent bugs. Steam distilled is my primary source, but in the summer, I help but save a few jugs of the "cheap stuff" for backup. The steam distiller sux a few thou watts and is pretty hot to run in the summer.
    Gun Control is like: Reducing drunk driving by making it harder for SOBER people to buy cars.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin