Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,677   Online: 771

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmithphoto1 View Post
    I actually purchased the 20 liter C-41 developer (3 parts) and the Flexicolor SM bleach and fix kit and have awesome results. You do, however, have to get the "Mixing Smaller-Than-Package-Size Amounts of Kodak Chemicals" PDF supplied by Kodak... pretty easy. Awesome value and you have some to play with and "wase" without being sorry like you would with those super expensive kits. Temp for dev is 100F @ 3:15.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...is49/cis49.pdf

http://www.uniquephoto.com/product/k...-rplr-3667805/
    Ok, I'm hitting a wall.

Just got my C41 Entwickler box and I'm confused because there are no volume markings on the bottles.

A is the biggest bottle and I'm guessing it's 1600 ml, not an easy shape to do the math on.

I did a bit of rough measuring on B&C
    B is the smallest bottle and holding about 400 ml
    C is is larger than B and holding about 600 ml

Given the apparent volumes to make a liter of replenisher it should take about 870 ml water, 80 ml of A, 20 ml of B, and 30 ml of C.

That is at odds with the CIS49 tech pub mixing instructions; LORR shows 80ml part A, 22.4 of B, 11.2 of C -or- 80ml part A, 11.2 of B, 11.2 of C

What am I missing?

Is there a different mixing sheet?

Which replenishment rate is proper?
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Isn't your developer the one labeled as "Developer Replenisher", rather than the ones labeled as LORR on CIS 49?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes Matt, Kodak Flexicolor Developer Replenisher, 3667805.

The package's mixed volume doesn't match anything on the sheet, it makes 20 liters total.

And the apparent volume of the package's parts don't match any recipe appropriately on the sheet.

So, I'm still lost.

I can simply measure the volumes and do the math but would prefer to not to expose the chemicals to air or the possibility of contamination.

I can use the regular replenishment rate too but that's just a guess.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    KODAK FLEXICOLOR LU Developer Replenisher LORR Cat 3667805 Spliting.

To make 1 liter of working solution:
    start with 750 mls tempered water
    Part A ----- 75.2 mls
    Part B ----- 25 mls
    Part C ----- 37.84 mls
    top off to one liter

With the LU developer you should use the LU replenishment rates.
    We are in the process of updating CIS49.

Thank you for contacting Kodak alaris.
    Larry Fitzsimmons
    Kodak alaris Service & Support

To: ksstier1support@kodak.com
    Date: 04/20/2014 11:50 AM
    Subject: Your Question to Kodak: Chemical Processing/ Question

UserEmail: mail@markbarendt.com
    Product: Chemical Processing/ Question

First Name: Mark
    Last Name: Barendt
    Language: en
    Question: Can't find the info I need to mix the Kodak C-41 3667805 Replenisher in smaller than full batches or the proper replenishment rates. Found the CIS49 tech pub but nothing there makes sense for this kit. The bottles are nor marked as to the volume they contain so I can't do the math without exposing them to air and possible contamination. Can you direct me to the right tech pub? Should I use normal or LU replenishment rates? If nothing else can I get the volumes contained in the bottles so I can do the math myself? Thanks Mark
    Subject of email:
    Serial or catalog number:
    Product used in conjunction:
    UI/Browser: safari 537.75.14
    Operating System: macosx unknown
    Platform/CPU:
    RAM:
    Internet Connection:

Form Id: AgX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin