Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,221   Online: 849

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Dear Athiril.

Excuse my question, but what was intended by the sodium bisulphate? I thought about a bleach like this after FD:

Bleaching bath ORWO 833 (for BW Reversal)
    Water 750,0 ml
    Potassium dichromate 10,0 g
    Sulphuric acid, conc. (caution!) 15,0 ml
    ...fill up water to 1 litre
    pH - value <1,0

and

Clearing bath ORWO 835 (for BW Reversal)
    Water 750,0 ml
    A 901*) 1,0 g
    Sodium sulphite 90,0 g
    ...fill up water to 1 litre
    pH - value 9,2 ± 0,2

If developed silver past FD is bleached away, you should be able to intensify contrast and densities through multiple CD steps (CD, rehalogenating bleach,reexpose,CD etc…), quite similar to Color negative intensivation. I don’t know the exact English term, in Germany it’s called “Anderson Entwicklung”
    http://www.fotolaborinfo.de/fotolabor/fcnander.htm

This may compensate (at least partway) the contrast loss throughout aging and pulling. Again, this is only theory, but sounds doable (if the couplers survive this massive attack). I would not expect perfect slides by this processing variant, maybe more a kind of interesting graphic effect.

Thank you for your initial post, you made me curious trying this at home
    Regards stefan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    Maybe do a rehalogenating bleach before you load the camera, let it dry and load into the camera for picture taking. Wouldn't that remove the fog? What about sensitivity - would that still be preserved?
    I'm afraid that you'll wash out sensitizing and other dyes. The big thing about Cinestill film is that they are able to remove the remjet backing without affecting the emulsion.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My Provia 100f arrived today... expired 2006, 4 propacks of 220 for $15 each. dMax in normal processing measured 2.34, 2.43, 2.9, so quite happy about that, don't need any extreme recovery, just something slight would be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan4u View Post
    Dear Athiril.

Excuse my question, but what was intended by the sodium bisulphate? I thought about a bleach like this after FD:
    I left my sulphuric acid elsewhere, so I used some sodium bisulphate in place of it with potassium dichromate for a B&W reversal type bleach. The bisulphate must have had chloride or bromide in it, because it was partially rehalogenating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin