Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,974   Posts: 1,558,732   Online: 845

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bvy View Post
    Awesome. Thank you. So that exposure works for you for most slides. Interesting. I would have thought each one would have to be tested at various exposures, kind of like making a print.

Do you have an example of a print made using this method that you'd be willing to share?
    Sorry, no uploads right now. The files are huge being 4x5s so I have to reduce the size before I can upload. Some of them are 20M or larger.

I've done Kodachromes and Ektachromes this way. They are a tad high in contrast due to the lack of the upsweft shoulder that true Interneg film had. Otherwise they are quite good. Better than old interneg film!!!! It did not keep all that well.

PE

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Sorry, no uploads right now. The files are huge being 4x5s so I have to reduce the size before I can upload. Some of them are 20M or larger.
    Guess I'll have to come to Rochester...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are most welcome! I can show you the original slides, the 4x5 negs and some proof prints.

I'll also show you the tiny darkroom where it was all done!

My home town is Pittsburgh but I have not been there since 2008 for a variety of reasons. I love the hills (and the sound of music!) but most of all I love being home again. I always drive by our home back there and there is a road and a park named after us due to the long history of my family there.

PE

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are most welcome! I can show you the original slides, the 4x5 negs and some proof prints.

I'll also show you the tiny darkroom where it was all done!

My home town is Pittsburgh but I have not been there since 2008 for a variety of reasons. I love the hills (and the sound of music!) but most of all I love being home again. I always drive by our home back there and there is a road and a park named after us due to the long history of my family there.

PE
    Oh, I'd love that! I could even bring you some pierogie. Maybe I can sell it to my wife as a trip to Niagara -- with a (cough) detour...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Post exposure using anything you can use in the darkroom is permitted AFAIK. So, color balance, density, and etc, is OK.

PE
    Yeah but - I meant people were doing the S word to them then reversing in the evil PS word...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Post exposure using anything you can use in the darkroom is permitted AFAIK. So, color balance, density, and etc, is OK.
    PE
    WOW, I can use my laptop in the darkroom for other things than playing music??
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Yeah but - I meant people were doing the S word to them then reversing in the evil PS word...
    I don't get it ... what has an evil Play Station got to do with this? Or does it make you loose track of time, thus overdeveloping everything and making you say Shit again ??

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I also don't think there is any RA4 paper without back printing. There's another thread here about this and shooting RA4 paper in LF cameras then inverting (or not) in...ah, verboten post exposure methods.
    Did you see these threads on RA4 paper used as negatives?
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/6...ative-c41.html
    and
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum426/...portraits.html

I have made paper negatives with B&W photo paper for contact printing (sandwich style) before and it works fine. Never done color paper though. If there is an imprint on the back, you can carefully remove the plastic back layer. I have done this with B&W photo paper:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back-layer-splitting.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	296.5 KB 
ID:	84041
    I normally do this when the paper has almost dried. I cut an edge with a surgeon knife and pull off the plastic layer slowly.
    I then rub the back in slow circles with linseed oil until all the oil is absorbed. This will make the paper negative more transparent.

Has anyone done this with RA4 paper as well?
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use Portra 100T. That film is no longer made, but managed to source quite a few boxes (dated 2008) from a large and reputable lab, so it's as fresh as possible. Works really well. I also overexpose and pull, in Digibase chemicals. Only minimal M filtration is usually required. Did several internegs from Velvia 50, also developed by myself, and the results were fabulous. Printed exquisitely well on latest version on Ultra Endura N (no backprint, paper base made in Germany, sensitized in England).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, my scanner feeds directly to Photo Shop and it inverts automatically if I click on scan negative. The color and density are almost always correct. i make a tiny color or density change and I'm ready to go. But no, I don't use my computer in the darkroom unless I use a green screen or yellow screen print while making emulsions. It would be too costly to have an accident though with all that water around even with my dry area.

As for the internegatives, they make great prints, but I've said before that the toe is a tad distorted when compared to the "real" interneg film. The real interneg film had an upswept shoulder.

And, regarding Pittsburgh, how about a Friday fish fry with Halushki? Or stuffed cabbage? We cannot get even the frozen stuffed cabbages here anymore! Yeah, I miss the place. But there is still the Rege Cordic site on the internet with Olde Frothingslosh Beer and Ale and all of his other goodies!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've made internegs with Kodak 4x5 interneg film. Some amazing results. But sometimes I had to struggle with a magenta/green color crossover. I did it in an enlarger.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin