Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,291   Online: 972

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, I have two of them. They are handy and work just well enough to dupe slides but you have to choose the scene carefully if you are doing pos-pos duping! Pos-neg dupes are just fine.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Would such a device work well for making B&W slides by copying B&W negatives onto negative film? Contrast could be controlled to a large degree by appropriate exposure and development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I also don't think there is any RA4 paper without back printing.
    Arista RA4 paper has no back-printing. I can't say it'd make a good interneg compared to Portra, but I've considered putting some in my camera one day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    ECN is NOT NOT NOT designed for making internegatives this way due to contrast issues. It will generally not make good prints.
    I used ECN film (250T) for internegatives and the prints were good enough for me.

Joachim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, you can make B&W slides from B&W negs by adjusting the contrast.

Color paper has such short latitude that the images would be high contrast and quite dupey looking. Same thing from cross processing RA4 in a reversal process. High contrast.

If you think the ECN prints look good, then go ahead and use it. However, the prints are not as good as they could be due to the contrast and latitude mismatch.

There, three in one.

PE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin