Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,363   Online: 1119

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

New Kodak Color Plus made in EU, by whom, colors ?

I had been stopped taking on color 35 mm film after I had been started to not able to find any Kodak film. After 8 months , I visited my lab , they rent half to vodafon and I found lots of Kodak Color Plus 200 ASA film there. I jumped and bought for my Leica mini zoom. Film writes made in the EU ? England , France or somewhere else ?

Are the colors resembles Gold or pro photo or ektar or portra. If I know how it does performs , I would concentrate on certain colors and temperatures .

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi Umut

Our 'everything for a pound' shops (all bargin offers) are selling a rebadged made in Japan 200 ISO that looks like Fuji.

1GBP for a 24 exposure cassette

It is nice film

They also do three large cans of chick peas for a pound...

Noel

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello Noel,

I bought 36 exposure cassette for 3.30 pounds. Price is not important but quality is. I rarely gp outside and shoot film. For one time per 8 months , I think I might get some elegant colors. I dont shoot digital also.

Umut
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The ColorPlus that we have seen here in the US at discount prices has more of a look resembling 1970's era KodaColor than anythhing else. Lots of grain to go with the old-style colors too. I personally dislike that emulsion but some folks seem to like it.

Gold 200 is much better.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi Umut

The cheap film is good quality and must be damaging sales of film at premium prices.

I tried a cassette out of curiosity and it was good.

I more normally only shoot mono - Formapan 400, HP5+ and Kodak 5222 - at the moment.

Noel

Shooter
    35mm
    Kodak ColorPlus is a version of Kodacolor VR 200.
    Good film, but it isn't Gold.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1 MD, OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    35mm
    I am about to use my last cassette of Colour Plus. I won't be getting any more because I feel the lack of saturation is too much for my printing. is it's downfall. It just lacks impact to be really good.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If that film have a look of 70s optimistic mood ,smuched color pencil powder pinks , light purples , oranges , tan skin tones , well, wow , good old days and that automobile , camel cigar , whisky , faberge , lots of women lives in forests with their leather garments , emmanuelle you know that stuff.
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Film writes made in the EU ? England, France or somewhere else?
    If it comes from France it would be more than six years old. Otherwise it would be have been converted in England.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll post a few examples soon. But what I find very interesting to share is that when I had same question I could find nothing on Koak web sites with that part number, no data sheets, and not surpisingly... No response from Kodak to my questions about ColorPlus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin