Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,680   Online: 900

Shooter
    Large Format

35mm slide mounts

BH has some heat seal-able slide mounts that I've been eyeballing. I've been shooting a bunch of CR200 and as we know it curls like a MF'er. I don't really like to mount my slides and like to keep them on strips, but I think this is the only way I'm going to get it flat enough to scan.

Has anybody mounted their own slides using the heat-seal able mounts? I hear you can do it with a household iron, just have to be careful.

I don't shoot more than a roll of 35mm chrome every two weeks, so spending an hour or 2 mounting slides won't kill me.

Shooter
    35mm

Years

It has been many years since I have used the kind of slide mounts you can seat with a clothes iron but the ones I used were prone to buckling in the mounts. As I recall this happened after a while, mostly after exposing them to the heat of a slide projector. I suggest you try using this type with a small number of slides and see if it works for you.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Gene plastic mounts have little clips to hold the film flat inside and you can take them apart if needed.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin